Module ImageReference - Pick images from various sources

gebeer

1 hour ago, dragan said:

@gebeer Are there plans to allow for multiple images to be used with this module / field-type? Or is there something I've been missing? I don't see anything in the module or field configs. (not that I would need it right now for a real-live project, I'm just curious)

No plans to implement this for now. If there are multiple requests I will consider it.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gebeer said:

@Sevarf2 where do your images live, in site/assets/imgs? Then you need to define just 'imgs/'

I just pushed a fix for the error you mentioned to github. You only need to download and replace https://github.com/gebeer/FieldtypeImageReference/blob/master/InputfieldImageReference.module

Let me know how it goes.

I'm sorry but there is a new error showing up in logs:  Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function bd() in /site/modules/FieldtypeImageReference/InputfieldImageReference.module:226 Stack trace:
1. /site/modules/FieldtypeImageReference/InputfieldImageReference.module(192): InputfieldImageReference->renderThumbnails()

• 3 months later...

[Edit: I probably should have tagged @gebeer.]

Hi, I came across a use-case today that I wondered if it would be possible to add?

It would be super useful to have the option to include child pages in the "Pick from the page being edited" and also "Pick from any page" source options.  Furthermore, it would really useful if, when "include child pages" is selected (for all source options), the parent page being edited itself did not need to contain an image field.

My use case is the following set-up:

• Gallery
    • Collection 1 <-- contains 'image reference' field, but no 'images' field of its own.
      • Album  1 <-- contains the 'images' field for a group of related image (e.g. different view of the same object).
      • Album 2
      • Album
    • Collection 2
      • Album 1
      • Etc...

The parent "collection" template has an image reference to choose an image from one of the child album templates to serve as its "cover image".

It would be even cooler if, as well as specifying the images field to select from, you could also specify images having a particular tag (if tags are used). But that might be asking for the moon ? !

• 7 months later...
22 minutes ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

Good day, @gebeer!

Didn't find this one in the modules directory. Is there a reason it is not listed there?

Thank you for asking. Not really. Apart from having limited resources for supporting the module. Most of the bugs mentioned in this thread should be fixed. Have it running in production on 2 sites with no problems so far. But there are so many different setups that people run their sites on so I was still not confident enough to release it as an official module.

• Like 2

May I ask another question. This time more about the module itself. I found out about the module in the Settings Factory thread in this @adrian's post. He said he uses this module (probably the inputfield part of it) to manage images in the context, where uploads are not possible. I am now starting to use Combo pro module, and it does not support images yet either. I was thinking I could use it the same way Adrian says he uses this module for Settings Factory. Did add the Image Reference inputfield to Combo`s settings and created a subfield. But it does not even show up on the page with template where the compo field is located. Do you think there is a way to make it work in this case? Maybe you (or someone else) already did this and solved the problem?

1 hour ago, Ivan Gretsky said:

May I ask another question. This time more about the module itself. I found out about the module in the Settings Factory thread in this @adrian's post. He said he uses this module (probably the inputfield part of it) to manage images in the context, where uploads are not possible. I am now starting to use Combo pro module, and it does not support images yet either. I was thinking I could use it the same way Adrian says he uses this module for Settings Factory. Did add the Image Reference inputfield to Combo`s settings and created a subfield. But it does not even show up on the page with template where the compo field is located. Do you think there is a way to make it work in this case? Maybe you (or someone else) already did this and solved the problem?

Never used it together with the Combo Pro module. Actually, I didn't even know that a Combo Pro Module exists ? Is it part of the ProFields package? Then I could have a look at it. And that is exactly what I meant when I said that it is hard to cater for all possible setups. At least I managed to make my module work well with the Repeater Matrix Pro Field ?

Edit:
Just saw your thread

Since my module behind the scene is working with PageImage objects and is storing data in multiple columns, I don't think it is possible to make it work with the Combo Field ATM. Would have to look deeper into how Combo Field is storing data, but, unfortunately, do not have the resources. Not until mid to end of October.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi @gebeer
I'm trying out the module and I had a few issues

When it comes to using the Module itself, my preferred method is to allow Pick from any page

1. I add the field to a template and I can see the tree / site structure
  2. I drill down to the page which has images and Select this
  3. Nothing happens to the placeholder thumbnail at this stage so I save the page
  4. When I return to the field, I am asked again to 'Choose a page'

When I return to the field setup , I occasionally get an error below even though this is described in the docs as Optional

Missing required value - Choose image fields that supply images

I also note that in the list of possible image fields listed, the Module is not picking up any image fields.

Thanks for reading

1 hour ago, Peter Knight said:

Hi @gebeer
I'm trying out the module and I had a few issues

When it comes to using the Module itself, my preferred method is to allow Pick from any page

1. I add the field to a template and I can see the tree / site structure
  2. I drill down to the page which has images and Select this
  3. Nothing happens to the placeholder thumbnail at this stage so I save the page
  4. When I return to the field, I am asked again to 'Choose a page'

When I return to the field setup , I occasionally get an error below even though this is described in the docs as Optional

I also note that in the list of possible image fields listed, the Module is not picking up any image fields.

Thanks for reading

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. This module hasn't been maintained for a long time. It definitely could need some love and care. Just a few days ago this came to my mind oout of the blue. I'm quite busy atm but hope that I can spare some time and look into this. But it may take another week or so.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, gebeer said:

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Sorry to hear you're having trouble. This module hasn't been maintained for a long time. It definitely could need some love and care. Just a few days ago this came to my mind oout of the blue. I'm quite busy atm but hope that I can spare some time and look into this. But it may take another week or so.

Hey, no problem at all. I was just flagging it in case it was still in development. Good to be busy. 
I'll keep a watch on this thread in case any future developments.