OrganizedFellow

Why is a simple calendar so hard to find?

I've been browsing the forum for a while today, in need of a calendar. Nearly every post points to Recurme. I don't mind paying for a full-featured Modules, but I just don't need all the features of that calendar. The modules section has very few entries, and the tutorial I came across is pretty old.

ย 

๐Ÿ˜ž

"Why is a simple calendar so hard to find?" Why the assumption that someone else will have created a plug-and-play solution for you?

Web software exists if a web developer codes it. You are a web developer. Do you see where I'm going with this...ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

had the same problem, tried with jquery ui and all kind of calendar libraries around, but in the end the best solution for me was 3 select boxes with day, month and year inline, just used JS to adjust the available days depending on the month and year(in some years february has 29 days), and also to convert that tu a unix timecode and feed it to a hidden inputfield for uploading(be sure to consider timezone in your code), so that ws the best solution for me, what exactly do you expect from a calendar input?

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

Web software exists if a web developer codes it. You are a web developer. Do you see where I'm going with this...ย ๐Ÿ˜‰

lol, i see amigo, I just didn't want to have to go re-invent the wheel, ya know?

I'm liking this little gem https://fullcalendar.io/

Just gotta figure out the best way to implement it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Like 1

Just now, OrganizedFellow said:

lol, i see amigo, I just didn't want to have to go re-invent the wheel, ya know?

I was literally suggesting FullCalendar as you replied.ย  It's a great option.ย  You just need to provide it with the JSON it needs and it works quite well.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OrganizedFellow said:

Looks promising. And when you've sussed it out you could add a little write-up in the tutorials section for the next person needing tips for a calendar.ย ๐Ÿ™‚

• Like 3