JeevanisM

Login/Register - disable the email validation link

Hello all,

I just started use this amazing module Login/Register 

I want to know whether its possible to disable the Email validation sending link to the registered user. For atleast test purpose ? because I develop on LocalHost with no internet, and these email things wont work in localhost, but I need to continue with development test cases. So is there any option to turn off this email validation ?

thank you

If you plan to go live with validation email enabled anyway, it would also make sense to use a dummy SMTP server like FakeSMTP. That way, no mail is actually sent out but you have an instant preview, can save all mails to files, view those in your mail application and test the validation links inside.

• Like 6

On 11/7/2019 at 2:12 PM, BitPoet said:

If you plan to go live with validation email enabled anyway, it would also make sense to use a dummy SMTP server like FakeSMTP. That way, no mail is actually sent out but you have an instant preview, can save all mails to files, view those in your mail application and test the validation links inside.

FakeSMTP is not catching my localhost SMTP messages. I tried port 25 and 2525

On 11/10/2019 at 2:06 PM, JeevanisM said:

FakeSMTP is not catching my localhost SMTP messages. I tried port 25 and 2525

Did you adapt the SMTP settings in php.ini? It might be configured to use sendmail by default.