Networking courses :D

alex159753

Hello , I recently started working at a networking firm, i was wondering if there are any CCNA courses online from reputed colleges and uni? which would add some weigh to my resume. 

Thank you in advance. 

Edited by netcarver
Removed link.

Hello @alex159753,

I've redacted the link from your post as you are a newcomer to the forum.

Questions...

1. If you are working at a networking firm, surely they can advise you about professional qualifications. Does your firm have a policy about continuing professional development?
  2. I would have thought google or youtube would be good places to find answers to this question - are you looking for something more specific than either of those can provide?
  • Like 1

@netcarver yes  it is a startup and everyone here has had Real life Uni degrees in Networking. I don't think they have any policy regarding this. However I will ask about it. 

Well you are correct youtube videos are good for knowledge , but It is great if i could get certified from an Online Uni or college. this will add more value to my cv when it comes to promotions in the company.

Oh. You have deleted the link , I see. haha it is my almost failed attempt to start blogging. ?

Thank you for your reply. 

16 hours ago, OrganizedFellow said:

Google 'professor messer'

and check out a course on Udemy, a course by Chris Bryant for CCNA video bootcamp.

Thank you , I will try udemy and if they certify i will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation as well. 

Hello @alex159753

Good to see you back again - I initially thought you were a spammer as your first post was a close fit to a very common pattern we see here as moderators. I am glad I was wrong!

Regarding my points earlier, I wasn't aware your company was a startup and you have a fair point about certification.

I don't know of any places doing online certified CCNA training, but you could look at itpro.tv as they might. However, that's not a free service, so if you do think of signing up with them do grab a sign-up code from somewhere like the Security Now podcast as that will give you a significant lifetime discount.

Hope things work out for you in the startup.
Best wishes,
Steve

• Like 2

7 hours ago, alex159753 said:

Thank you , I will try udemy and if they certify i will check them out. Thanks for the recommendation as well. 

Udemy and YouTube for learning is only that - learning. Following someone who is better understanding of the topic of Networking. These suggestions are NOT for Certifications, for that you must go to https://www.comptia.org/certifications

CompTia is the organization that will provide you the certifications. Everthing else you come across is for furthering your knowledge of switches, the OSI model, subnetting, IPv6, etc.

You have TONS of learning to do, here are lots of other topics related to Networking https://www.reddit.com/r/ccna/
https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/

I am currently in school to get my Cisco Certifications, starting with A+ and Net+, going as high as I can. Hopefully ending with Cyber Security and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker). But the road is NOT EASY.

GOOD LUCK

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 3:42 PM, netcarver said:

Hello @alex159753

Good to see you back again - I initially thought you were a spammer as your first post was a close fit to a very common pattern we see here as moderators. I am glad I was wrong!

Regarding my points earlier, I wasn't aware your company was a startup and you have a fair point about certification.

I don't know of any places doing online certified CCNA training, but you could look at itpro.tv as they might. However, that's not a free service, so if you do think of signing up with them do grab a sign-up code from somewhere like the Security Now podcast as that will give you a significant lifetime discount.

Hope things work out for you in the startup.
Best wishes,
Steve

haha.. maybe it was the username that made you suspect i am a spammer huh ?.. This username name is usually not taken by anyone, when i do sign up for sites here an now.

I posted this question in another forum as well, I had come across loads of information regarding this now from you all and them . ?

I will check out this site as well. They also suggested the Open University CCNA courses. Thanks again Steve from your replies.

Have a nice day!!

On 11/5/2019 at 7:52 PM, OrganizedFellow said:

Udemy and YouTube for learning is only that - learning. Following someone who is better understanding of the topic of Networking. These suggestions are NOT for Certifications, for that you must go to https://www.comptia.org/certifications

CompTia is the organization that will provide you the certifications. Everthing else you come across is for furthering your knowledge of switches, the OSI model, subnetting, IPv6, etc.

You have TONS of learning to do, here are lots of other topics related to Networking https://www.reddit.com/r/ccna/
https://www.reddit.com/r/networking/

I am currently in school to get my Cisco Certifications, starting with A+ and Net+, going as high as I can. Hopefully ending with Cyber Security and CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker). But the road is NOT EASY.

GOOD LUCK

@OrganizedFellow Hey thanks loads for Comptia.  and for all the suggestions. related to furthering  my knowledge. Thats very helpful. 

By the way I wish you the best of luck with you complex brain freezing road ahead ??. I will someday make it past the fundamentals..