ecommerce website

oim

Dear all,

I'm just a beginner and I really like Processwire. However, I couldn't find any solution for developing ecommerce website. I'm planning to create an ecommerce website that accepts both credit cards /Visa and Master/ and paypal payments for a small business selling electronic books and also tshirts and other products in a few categories. How do implement it using Processwire? There seems to be no specific module. Is there one coming out soon? Or is it possible to integrate independent modules such as Magenta, Shopify, osCommerce or Prestashop etc.? I have never built a website with ecommerce functionality; so, it's a bit dreadful. But, I still would like to accomplish it using Processwire because I like how I can tweak with it using my own templates. Very nice to have my own templates on a Processwire based website. 

Please help / suggest anything. I agree I could be a complete noob in this direction.

Many many thanks in advance,

Oim

• 2 weeks later...

Snipcart looks nice (though I've not tried it). I looked at it & the 2% of transactions fees on top of payment gateway fees put me off, plus only a few payment gateways are supported.

I've used Foxy.io (Foxy Cart) with ProcessWire on a site & it works really well*. Fees are low (approx £16/month) & loads of payment gateways are supported.

I'm happy so post/share code if anyone needs it.

*Big thanks go to both @netcarver an @Macrura for helping me with some of the datafeed integrations back to ProcessWire.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, 

I am looking to set up an Ecommerce site too. Mine is for a small company (family business). And they don't necessarily have the funds that it makes sense to pay for a monthly fee. Is there an E-commerce option that makes sense for someone starting off? - with small numbers of sales? Who is looking to grow but is not yet making consistent enough money to warrant a large monthly payment. 

I looked into Padloper a little bit, it looks like this one only has a one-time fee, though I could be wrong. Is this the best option?

Thanks for any help on this. 

Welcome to the forum, @Ovolion.

It sounds like you would be better off using a dedicated e-commerce solution such as PrestaShop. Not that ProcessWire can't accomplish the same thing, but in this case I think it would be better to go with a dedicated solution. Just my $.02

• Like 2

I'd support @rick's advice.

Setup, coding and everything around ProcessWire as eCommerce solution might already be too much effort in time and money just to get things rollin'.

I don't know Prestashop but yet Shopify might be an option as well. Low fees, ready made solution with lots of features right out of the box.

You and your client could split things - a shop on a subdomain and the marketing buzz on the main-domain powered by ProcessWire.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 11:06 PM, B3ta said:

That’s really generous! 
I would be more than happy to take a look and use it for my next project. 
How can I get the files? 

Sorry for the delay getting back. Let me know which bits you need help with & I can post up some code.

You can make a start with the Foxy.io code from here: https://docs.foxycart.com/v/2.0/start