Personal Website

qtguru

Hi guys, so since I moved to Processwire, it has been my default go-to CMF/CMS for my website and client applications, apparently my previous job took a toll on me, and made me have less time, but now finally had the chance to change my website to something I always had in mind.

I decided to go with something minimal, as I tend to enjoy writing, so wanted a website to have more text than graphics and I think I whipped up something clean. Currently I still have more to do, but this is my current website, the main purpose to have a content driven website where I will be writing tutorials , articles more and hopefully  technical  notes.

Please let me know your honest opinion.

PS: I am more of a coder than a designer but i think this old dog still pulled it off

https://okeowoaderemi.com/

Annotation 2019-08-28 171120.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-28 171209.jpg

Annotation 2019-08-28 171300.jpg

image.png

• Like 13

Nice ? home page nav was a bit confusing for me, eg when clicking on 'About', it scrolled to your About section but the menu disappeared. There was no obvious way to get back to the top of the page. When I scrolled up, the menu had disappeared. Using iMAC with wide screen. Going into phone mode in Chrome dev tools made it a bit easier... Otherwise, well done you!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psy said:

Nice ? home page nav was a bit confusing for me, eg when clicking on 'About', it scrolled to your About section but the menu disappeared. There was no obvious way to get back to the top of the page. When I scrolled up, the menu had disappeared. Using iMAC with wide screen. Going into phone mode in Chrome dev tools made it a bit easier... Otherwise, well done you!

Thanks Psy , I will work on that 

• Like 1

Yeah, the navigation is not ideal. I have to scroll 3-4 times down to see the next content below, which is counter-intuitive.

There are also JS/Vue errors in projects. I can't get past the 2nd one and get [Vue warn]: Error in render: "TypeError: Cannot read property 'title' of undefined"

• Like 1

Nice, thx for sharing and welcome back to ProcessWire ? I like the design and I think it gives a good impression of who you are. I also had not the best experience with the navigation. First try was to scroll down but nothing happened, only the menu disappeared. Scrolling several times more finally showed the next section.

What could be missing (if that's not intentional) is a statement what you are looking for. Are you available for hire? Or do you just want to share your projects? I don't get that from the website ? 

52 minutes ago, bernhard said:

Nice, thx for sharing and welcome back to ProcessWire ? I like the design and I think it gives a good impression of who you are. I also had not the best experience with the navigation. First try was to scroll down but nothing happened, only the menu disappeared. Scrolling several times more finally showed the next section.

What could be missing (if that's not intentional) is a statement what you are looking for. Are you available for hire? Or do you just want to share your projects? I don't get that from the website ? 

Lol yes I am not sure what I was thinking when I did the navigation, I guess I got too carried away after looking at awwwards and dribbble. I will work on that

54 minutes ago, bernhard said:

What could be missing (if that's not intentional) is a statement what you are looking for. Are you available for hire? Or do you just want to share your projects? I don't get that from the website

Hmmmm this is a very interesting point, So what I aim to achieve is to have a website, where I can share my works, concepts and any crazy idea that comes to mind. I still have so much content to populate the site with, I tend to research and write things down, so I want to use my site as an avenue to share my works. Because I have been told by colleagues that I need to showcase my works and ideas more and also participate in community projects too. That's my goal. I won't mind any advice. Thanks and good to be back. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sephiroth said:

I have been told by colleagues that I need to showcase my works and ideas more

...to get rich? ...to find a woman? ...to get happier in life? ...just for fun? ? Little bit kidding here, but imho the most important question is the "why". Or the "goal" why you are showcasing that. Did you see last weeks showcase of https://siebennull.com/ ? It can be as simple as that:

JAZNQmX.png

That's what marketing people call "call to action". I didn't see one on your site

Just checked back and found it:

d1D0Dmz.png

Has it been there before? If the main goal of your website is getting possible new clients I'd say that a small single line with your e-mail is maybe not the best option ? If you don't want to get spammed by client requests because it's a just-for-fun-showcase website, then that would be fine - it's all about the main goal ? 

9 hours ago, bernhard said:

...to get rich? ...to find a woman? ...to get happier in life? ...just for fun? ? Little bit kidding here, but imho the most important question is the "why". Or the "goal" why you are showcasing that. Did you see last weeks showcase of https://siebennull.com/ ? It can be as simple as that:

JAZNQmX.png

That's what marketing people call "call to action". I didn't see one on your site

Just checked back and found it:

d1D0Dmz.png

Has it been there before? If the main goal of your website is getting possible new clients I'd say that a small single line with your e-mail is maybe not the best option ? If you don't want to get spammed by client requests because it's a just-for-fun-showcase website, then that would be fine - it's all about the main goal ? 

Lol I have a good job, I am just looking to showcase my skill and I guess inspire people. Yeah it's just for fun and showcasing my thoughts. Hopefully as time goes by, there would be much more content to share. 

• Like 6

@Sephiroth

you have written a good article here : https://okeowoaderemi.com/articles/posts/wordpress-to-processwire-a-guide-for-developers/

I agree you on most points over there.. can you please share the article you have written over this ?

would be writing some ProcessWire tips and how WordPress Developers can easily migrate to ProcessWire.

• Thanks 1

Oh I never got to write about that, so I think that would be a starting point. To think that I was brainstorming on what topic to write. I will share a draft and let you know how it goes. This seems like a good starting point, because most people are missing out on the beauty of Processwire. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...