Jump to content
MilenKo

ProcessWire upgrade from 3.0.137 to 3.0.142 failed (ERROR 500)

Recommended Posts

Hello fellas.

I've been working on a profile that has been almost completted but I had to focus on some other tasks which caused me to stuck with PW dev version 3.0.137. This morning I went to upgrade all the old module versions as well as the core to 3.0.142 and I got an error 500 while trying to browse the frontent. The admin works perfectly fine, but the frontend fails to load.

To troubleshoot the issue, I've taken these steps so far:

1. compared the old index.php and .htaccess files with the new one, but got them perfectly matching so the issue is not coming from there.

2. Tried to switch back to the old dev version by renaming the wire folder to .wire-3.0.142 and renaming the backed up folder to wire. As a result, the website came back as it should.

3. As far as I've used some of the Profields Module components, went and manually upgraded all those to make sure it is not part of the upgrade issue. With the old 3.0.137 core it all works fine as well.

4. Cleared the cache by manually deletting the content of /site/cache folder - still got the same error.

5. Did a module refresh to make sure that all the upgrades has been properly indexed - the issue got not fixed.

6. Enabled the debugging and checked the Tracy logs to find out the following error (file attached with the exception details from tracy):

[2019-10-25 12-39-03] ProcessWire\PageFinderSyntaxException: Operator '&' is not supported for 'status'. in C:\OSPanel\domains\compurox.pw\wire\core\PageFinder.php:2211  @  http://compurox.pw/  @@  exception--2019-10-25--12-31--a55174700b.html

7. Tried to grab the PageFinder.php from the old core to check if the issue is within some changes with the latest core/cores. The error still showed which leads me to the conclusion that it is not related to PageFinder module even though it is mentioned.

So does anyone has other suggestions or something that I have missed besides starting to disable modules all at once or one by one to figure out which one might be causing the problem? 

P.S. One other Idea I have, but am struggling to find an archive of the old dev cores from 3.0.138 to 142 to see if the profile would work with some of them. At least this could have pointed me to some core changes in that specific version which I should be addressing. Unfortunately I was not able to find any archive of the afore mentioned versions and as I've been away from PW community, I did not keep a copy of them as well as I usually do...

exception--2019-10-25--12-40--edade40c59.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey @adrian thank you very much. Would you know where can I find 3.0.141 core eventually to see if that would be the latest version to upgrade to? I will change the selector code in the home.php to see if that would fix it, but for sure it is a needed selection of the pages to avoid some drafts etc. to be listed 😉

P.S. I've tried to remove the status selector, but am still getting the same error. Any page that I browse even if I create a template with simple phpinfo() in it and assign it to a page shows the error 500.

One thing I am thinking I could do is to try to export the profile and import it on a fresh install to see if that would help...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just grab the version before that commit, eg: https://github.com/processwire/processwire/tree/4b8b06af0f39828cec384c6bb8ad7997fc6d21fe 

Would you mind submitting an issue report about this so that Ryan can fix ASAP?

PS - find and count methods only return published pages by default, so I am not sure why you actually need the status=published ?

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Will try to use the earlier commit you've pointed me to and submit an issue report for Ryan.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@adrian, you were perfectly right, using the commit before the latest upgrade did fix the issue. Will post a report to Ryan to fix it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey gents, for your information, I just upgraded my profile to 3.0.143 and it is all back to normal (at least with the error 500 I had). Thanks to all of you and especially Ryan for fixing the issue.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...