Page front end editing not working in PW 3.0.123

VeiJari

Hello forum,

This is really a weird one, because front end editing works in a earlier website we did to a customer. 

When I check the source code for current website it does initiate front end edit: 

<span id=pw-edit-1 class='pw-edit pw-edit-InputfieldPageTitle' data-name=title data-page=1021 data-lang='1017' style='position:relative'><span 	class=pw-edit-orig>Tekijät</span><span class=pw-edit-copy id=pw-editor-title-1021 style='display:none;-webkit-user-select:text;user-	select:text;' contenteditable>Tekijät</span></span>

But when I double click nothing happens (yes I'm 100% sure I'm superuser and logged in)

I also tried to apply the front end with other methods than:

$page->edit('title');

But didn't work either.

We are using jquery 2.2.4, so it should not be a problem.

Is this a bug related to current master or something else?

Someone else having this problem as well?

• 1 month later...

I think I had this problem in the past and I had to do the following in my template:

{% if page.editable() %}
        <script type="text/javascript" src="{{ config.urls.templates }}scripts/jquery-1.8.3.min.js"></script>
      {% else %}
        <script type="text/javascript" src="{{ config.urls.templates }}scripts/jquery-3.2.1.min.js"></script>
{% endif %}

This is written in Twig, but basically it shows how to check if the page is editable then use this version of jquery, else use a different version of jquery.

You might want to check your web browser's console to see if there are any errors on the page.

Hope that helps

• 1 year later...

I prefer to load jquery-migrate for editors after jquery:

if ($page->editable()) { echo '<script src="/path-to-js/jquery-migrate-3.3.2.min.js?NoMinify" defer></script>'; }

This way you have at least the full functionality of the current jquery version for the editors, too.

The same problem is dicussed here.