Moritz Both

User with user-admin-* permission cannot filter users

Greetings,

when I give users the user-admin-* permission to administer users who have a certain role, they can indeed see and edit those users. However the filter / column panel does not show in the admin interface. How can I enable the filter functionality for user-admin-* members?

ProcessWire 3.0.123

Moritz

Check that you have given the role in question the "page-lister" permission.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By j00st
      Hi all,

I've set up a filter on my product-page, which I then use to...filter my products!
      – I've got pagination set up, and 30 items per page.
      – When I active the filter it works perfectly (in my opinion).

Here's what I'm struggling with though:
      When I'm on another page (filtered as well/or the total overview) and I put my GET request in for the filter,
      it gives back the result, but still with the page-number there. In some cases, this is no problem – like a A-Z or Z-A filter,
      but others (say, per location) I might have less pages.
      Visual/code ref: (I DO have 3 pages of authors, but I don't have 3 pages from London)
      url: books/page3?author=ascending url: books/page3?studio=london  
      The current setup for my pages that get rendered are as follows:
      $allbooks = $pages->find("template=book, sort=$sort, $q, $tagged, $select_studio, start=0, limit=$limit"); As you can see I have the start=0 in there, but I read that's for the start of the pagination, not so much where it'll drop me in the search results.
      $q, $tagged and $select_studio are all empty values, unless they're returned from the GET request
      To repeat it, in it's most simplest form:
      When I click a filter, and a GET request is done, I want to 'reset' the page-number to 0, and get my results...
      Perhaps I'm missing something obvious, but I'd be really grateful to have your input.
    • By Vigilante
      This is a pretty typical thing. Open a page, it does a $pages query, finds 112 things and I list them on the page. There is pagination too, 20 per page.
      I want a sort dropdown box so the visitor can change alpha sort or whatever other sorts and filters I eventually use.
      My first thought is to just refresh the page with a url query like "page/?sort=az" and then adjust the query in the template code. But to do this, it will require a page refresh, which means the sort box goes back to its default, and not sure how it effects pagination.
      If I do a page refresh, I'll have to keep the sort settings in the session or something, to make sure I always apply correct sort on page load.
      But at the same time, I've already got the $pages array, it would be much nicer to shuffle it and update the page without a page refresh, rather than run the query over and over again.
      But then again, the pagination buttons already cause page refreshes, so that is already happening anyway, unless I convert the pagination buttons to also be no-refresh somehow.

I figure this is a very common problem, to paginate results and give users a sorting/filtering option. What is the common methods for handling it? Session, url query, ajax? If I just add the sort to the url query, how do I make that work in the pagination links?
    • By pleini
      Hello,
      i am currently trying to restructure my user roles. I want to create a User that can create/edit/delete pages, and can create/edit/delete fields and templates, but can not create/edit/delete users. As far as i see the is no specific permission for users, fields or templates. As i saw only superuser can edit templates and fields currently.
      Have i overseen something or is it not possible with the default rights management to create a user with those permissions?

• By dscONE
      Found myself needing to filter repeater items based upon start and end date fields.  These fields aren't required, so repeater items with no dates should be included and those with dates (or a just one date -- start or end) should be evaluated for inclusion.
      I slowly figured out that I was dealing with in-memory filtering (of a RepeaterPageArray) and not a database-driven operation.  So, that eliminated the possibility of using or-groups in my selector.  I still thought I could use the 'filter' and 'not' functions to get the job done.  Turns out the way selectors are handled for in-memory filtering is quite different from database-driven selectors.
      Here is what I want(ed) to do to filter the dates:
      // Start date not specified or in the past $repeater->filter('start_time<='.$now); // Not when end date is specified and has passed $repeater->not('end_time>0, end_time<'.$now); The first one worked exactly as expected.  The second it where I ran into problems.  The 'filter' function (which calls the 'filterData' function) takes a $selector argument.  From everything I read about selectors, I assumed that the entire selector would have to match.  In other words, each comma represented an 'and' scenario.  Turns out that each separate comma-separated-selector in the $selector as a whole gets evaluated independently.  In the case of the 'filterData' function, the elements are removed if any one of those selectors matches.  Essentially, we have an 'or' scenario instead of an 'and' scenario.
      In my case above, there was no way for me to filter for a non-empty date AND one that occurs before a given date...at least that I could think of.
      So, my main question is if the filter (and related) function should operate on the entire selector passed to the function instead of its individual parts in some sequence.  That is what I would have assumed a selector to do.
      In my project, altering the segment of the WireArray::filterData function solved my problem for now.  ...at least till I forget about it and overwrite it when I upgrade next.  Here is the code I changed within the function
      // now filter the data according to the selectors that remain foreach($this->data as $key => $item) { $filter_item = true; foreach($selectors as $selector) { if(is_array($selector->field)) { $value = array(); foreach($selector->field as $field) $value[] = (string) $this->getItemPropertyValue($item, $field); } else { $value = (string) $this->getItemPropertyValue($item, $selector->field); } if($not === $selector->matches($value)) continue; $filter_item = false; break; } if($filter_item && isset($this->data[$key])) { $this->trackRemove($this->data[$key], $key); unset($this->data[$key]); } } I would love to hear what you all think.  If I have misunderstood something, then I would welcome a different solution.
      Thanks!
    • By Robin S
      Note: this functionality is now built into AdminOnSteroids.

I'd hate to know how much accumulated time I have spent and how much eye-strain I have experienced over the last couple of years, hunting through the 675 icons in the "all icons" view for the one I want. Today I finally got around to doing something about it.
      IconsFilter
      Allows the "all icons" view in InputfieldIcon to be filtered by name.
      Usage
      Install the IconsFilter module.
      When viewing "all icons" in InputfieldIcon (Advanced tab of field/template settings) you can filter the icons by name using the filter input at top right.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/IconsFilter

@tpr, something that could be merged into AdminOnSteroids?