Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
franciccio-ITALIANO

about templates Google Index

Recommended Posts

hello, one of my templates is made up of 9 articles on the same page, so 9 pieces of text, so, in processwire, I should create a template with 9 "body" fields.
This is complicated for me at the moment.
I decided to create a template with a single empty body field, or without a body field. I will write html articles directly in the local file. I will eventually change them manually (which stress).
However my question is: does google index the contents of the template, even if the processwire page has an empty body field?
Another similar question: if I write the summery and the description directly in the html file and not in the headline / summery space of the processwire page, does google index the information contained in the html file, or those contained in the processwire page-template system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, franciccio-ITALIANO said:

hello, one of my templates is made up of 9 articles on the same page, so 9 pieces of text, so, in processwire, I should create a template with 9 "body" fields.
This is complicated for me at the moment.
I decided to create a template with a single empty body field, or without a body field. I will write html articles directly in the local file. I will eventually change them manually (which stress).

Have you tried Repeaters? This sounds like a good use case for those: each repeater item would include a body field (and possibly a header), and thus you don't have to add lots of individual "body fields" to your template(s).

On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, franciccio-ITALIANO said:

However my question is: does google index the contents of the template, even if the processwire page has an empty body field?

Google doesn't care (or know) about your template structure, it indexes what it sees on the page. If the (rendered, final) page contains specific piece of content, it will likely get indexed by Google.

On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, franciccio-ITALIANO said:

Another similar question: if I write the summery and the description directly in the html file and not in the headline / summery space of the processwire page, does google index the information contained in the html file, or those contained in the processwire page-template system?

Same answer here: Google doesn't know anything about your templates, it only sees your (public) pages and the content on those, and that's what it's going to index.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...