about templates Google Index

franciccio-ITALIANO

hello, one of my templates is made up of 9 articles on the same page, so 9 pieces of text, so, in processwire, I should create a template with 9 "body" fields.
This is complicated for me at the moment.
I decided to create a template with a single empty body field, or without a body field. I will write html articles directly in the local file. I will eventually change them manually (which stress).
However my question is: does google index the contents of the template, even if the processwire page has an empty body field?
Another similar question: if I write the summery and the description directly in the html file and not in the headline / summery space of the processwire page, does google index the information contained in the html file, or those contained in the processwire page-template system?

On 10/20/2019 at 1:46 PM, franciccio-ITALIANO said:

hello, one of my templates is made up of 9 articles on the same page, so 9 pieces of text, so, in processwire, I should create a template with 9 "body" fields.
This is complicated for me at the moment.
I decided to create a template with a single empty body field, or without a body field. I will write html articles directly in the local file. I will eventually change them manually (which stress).

Have you tried Repeaters? This sounds like a good use case for those: each repeater item would include a body field (and possibly a header), and thus you don't have to add lots of individual "body fields" to your template(s).

However my question is: does google index the contents of the template, even if the processwire page has an empty body field?

Google doesn't care (or know) about your template structure, it indexes what it sees on the page. If the (rendered, final) page contains specific piece of content, it will likely get indexed by Google.

Another similar question: if I write the summery and the description directly in the html file and not in the headline / summery space of the processwire page, does google index the information contained in the html file, or those contained in the processwire page-template system?

Same answer here: Google doesn't know anything about your templates, it only sees your (public) pages and the content on those, and that's what it's going to index.

• Like 1