prestoav

Front End Editing Restricted To Page Creator?

Hi there,

I have a marketplace site that used the older Fredi module for front end editing so advertisers can create and edit their adverts (in the form of pages). After upgrading to v3.0 of Processwire I'd like to change the editing method for users to the new, core front end editing methods. However, it seems that with this method any editor can edit any page (subject to template restrictions for their user role). Using Fredi I checked the user and created user were equal before displaying edit buttons (clunky but it worked).

Is there any stock way to restrict front end editing to the creator of the page so that my advertisers can only edit their own ads or should I test for user as before?

Thanks in advance as always 🙂

Yes, there is a way. Just go to permissions -> add new permission. Then under "Install predefined system permissions" choose "page-edit-created" and maybe even "page-edit-trash-created" if you would like that users can trash their own created pages. 

After saving, add those permissions to the role/s you want to restrict.

I did not checked if this is working in the Frontend editor or Fredi, it is working in the ProcessWire admin.

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DooM
      Hey guys!
      I try to achieve a possibility for the client's admin account to change other users privileges. 
      In the CMS I have superadmin account, which is for me. My client got an account with a role user, which is limited administration account. The client also got some other people, who will edit the content with role editor  
      User story would look somehow like this:
      user role can add new roles and users user role can change privileges for all users (except superadmin). Eg. When the user role gives the editor role privilege to edit only articles. The Editor role will be able to edit only them.  
      I know this functionality is possible for superadmin, but I couldn't simulate it on the user role. Is there any easy way to achieve such a feature? Otherwise, I'll have to make a module for this I guess.
      Thanks for any help!
    • By Marcel
      Hey,
      I am about to use the tool Create Users Batcher. We have 450 users. When I tryed it with like 20 test users it worked but it took a while. Now my concerns are that 450 might be to stressful? Does anyone have experience with several hundreds of users? My thoughts are to split it in smaller goups and upload them one group after another.
      best wishes
      marcel
    • By louisstephens
      So, I really don't know where to begin with this. I have the thought in my head (the basics), but not really sure how to set it up.
      The desired effect:
      The homepage is set up with a foreach loop that outputs all the child pages (basically just a bunch of pages with pdfs, docs etc stored in a file field). When A user is actually logged in, they can "star" an item or drag and drop (using Dragula) the page to a sidebar. Also, they would be able to reorder the pages in the sidebar.
      The question(s):
      I guess I have multiple questions regarding how to achieve this.
      Would it be best to create a page field in the user template to save the page(s)? How would you actually save the page state (sidebar output, reordering, etc) once the drag and drop has been used? Thanks in advance for any help! A lot of this was just what was in my head, so it might not make full sense. However, I will update this if I can actually wrap my head around everything.
    • By webhoes
      Hello,
      I am working of a site for a sport organisation.
      All affiliated gyms can edit their profile. I have used the advaced mode so that if you create a new page under location the gym can login and edit their profile.
      i also want that they can add instructors as child of their profile and also are able to edit those instructors.
      I can not get passed the able to edit all subpaged or none.
      How should this be done? Or is this not possible?
    • By benbyf
      Sure this has been asked a million times but cant find a simple answer.
      Trying to set the page to redirect to after login in the front end - i.e. not on the admin login page.
      some reason this works for super users but not normal users redirecting to a page which is viewable by members not guest role users.

$showLoginError = false; if($input->post->user && $input->post->pass) { $username = $sanitizer->username($input->post->user); $pass = $input->post->pass; try { $session->login($username, $pass); // redirect user $session->redirect("/events/"); } catch (\Exception $e) { $showLoginError = true; } }