Front End Editing Restricted To Page Creator?

prestoav

Hi there,

I have a marketplace site that used the older Fredi module for front end editing so advertisers can create and edit their adverts (in the form of pages). After upgrading to v3.0 of Processwire I'd like to change the editing method for users to the new, core front end editing methods. However, it seems that with this method any editor can edit any page (subject to template restrictions for their user role). Using Fredi I checked the user and created user were equal before displaying edit buttons (clunky but it worked).

Is there any stock way to restrict front end editing to the creator of the page so that my advertisers can only edit their own ads or should I test for user as before?

Thanks in advance as always ?

Yes, there is a way. Just go to permissions -> add new permission. Then under "Install predefined system permissions" choose "page-edit-created" and maybe even "page-edit-trash-created" if you would like that users can trash their own created pages. 

After saving, add those permissions to the role/s you want to restrict.

I did not checked if this is working in the Frontend editor or Fredi, it is working in the ProcessWire admin.

• Like 2