Building a site on local pc...

franciccio-ITALIANO

Hi, I'm building a static site locally. Now I transferred it online, to do some testing, but I saw that to make it work with processwire, I have to change some parts of the hmtl paths and all the images.
In the future I'll still change a lot of things locally, and the idea of making transformations on each page every time to make it work with processwire makes me shudder.
You program used to create local sites, modify them, and transfer the changes instantly to the online website, without rewriting the code parts?
I hope my question is clear.
Is it clear?

22 hours ago, Mustafa-Online said:

@franciccio-ITALIANO How do you link assets (images, css ..etc)?? - share some code so we can help

for example: in online processwire site:

<!-- FONTAWESOME STYLE CSS -->

<link href="/site/templates/styles/assets/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="/site/templates/styles/assets/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="/site/templates/styles/assets/css/animate2014.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="/site/templates/styles/assets/css/font-awesome-animation.css" rel="stylesheet" />

<link href="/site/templates/styles/assets/css/text-changing.css" rel="stylesheet" />

In local pc:

<!-- FONTAWESOME STYLE CSS -->
    <link href="assets/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />
	<link href="assets/css/font-awesome.css" rel="stylesheet" />
    <link href="assets/css/animate2014.css" rel="stylesheet" />	
    <link href="assets/css/font-awesome-animation.css" rel="stylesheet" />

Instead use

<link href="<?php echo $config->urls->templates; ?>styles/assets/css/font-awesome.min.css" rel="stylesheet" />

and place them in the same folder on your local PC. Or you modfiy the url path to the templates folder in your site/config.php

Ok, but... the file in local pc are .html

The template files on processwire are .php

So, I must change the estensions files manually... every time I change template, for each template.

I would like update all the site witc 1 clic or few clic bye ftp filezilla. It is possible?

Exist a program for develop a site html-css and charge all online instantanelly?  

Your development environment should have the same prerequisites as on your server. You should have a local web server like Laragon (on Windows) or Xammp installed, and also mirror/replicate the ProcessWire installation with the database from your live server. 

Then you can make modifications to these local files and upload them to the live server as they are. No conversion needed anymore.

I would recommend you to use a translator like deepl.com if you are not very good with english, so your questions can be understood better.

• Like 1