Allow user to edit other users privileges?

DooM

Hey guys!

I try to achieve a possibility for the client's admin account to change other users privileges. 

1. In the CMS I have superadmin account, which is for me.
  2. My client got an account with a role user, which is limited administration account.
  3. The client also got some other people, who will edit the content with role editor

User story would look somehow like this:

• user role can add new roles and users
  • user role can change privileges for all users (except superadmin). Eg. When the user role gives the editor role privilege to edit only articles. The Editor role will be able to edit only them.

I know this functionality is possible for superadmin, but I couldn't simulate it on the user role. Is there any easy way to achieve such a feature? Otherwise, I'll have to make a module for this I guess.

Thanks for any help!

On 10/12/2019 at 10:06 AM, DooM said:

Is there any easy way to achieve such a feature?

Yes, there are core permissions built in for this purpose.

https://processwire.com/docs/user-access/permissions/#user-admin-permissions

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/new-user-admin-permissions-automatic-version-change-detection-and-more-2.6.10/#new-user-admin-permissions

On 10/13/2019 at 2:35 AM, Robin S said:

Thanks for the answer! I already found this, but it's just a part of what I am trying to achieve. The main problem is the possibility for user role to create/manage roles which is now possible only for superadmin.

Edit: I found the solution here! I didn't saw it earlier! Sorry for creating new topic!