Error on module Login/Register when enter a wrong password

Pixrael

In the Login/Register module I receive this error when the email exist but the password is incorrect.
Any solution? Because the module has no new updates.

Notice: Trying to get property 'name' of non-object in /var/www/vhosts/pdhvac.com/wms.pdhvac.com/site/modules/LoginRegister/LoginRegister.module on line 394

FireShot Capture 217 - PDWMS - wms.pdhvac.com.png

@adrian I tried this and works with wrong password entries, but if both parameters are ok, then I get a fatal error:

Error: Exception: Login not attempted due to overflow. Please wait at least 20 seconds before attempting another login. (in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/app.domain.com/wire/modules/Session/SessionLoginThrottle/SessionLoginThrottle.module line 150)

17 hours ago, adrian said:

In my version of this module

Could you please share it via Github? If you were to maintain it publicly that would be graceful to say the least. It would probably be a good idea to rename it first, though. Thanks for considering!

1 hour ago, szabesz said:

Could you please share it via Github? If you were to maintain it publicly that would be graceful to say the least. It would probably be a good idea to rename it first, though. Thanks for considering!

Unfortunately my version doesn't just contain fixes but I've also hacked it to handle redirection to payment and lots of custom changes to the user's profile based on specific things to the site I am using it on. This is the first time I have used this module and unfortunately I don't think I'll be using it again - I know there are hooks to add custom behavior but they just aren't flexible enough and there are also just too many broken things.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, adrian said:

Unfortunately my version doesn't just contain fixes but...

I see. Thanks for clarifying!

Side-note: I did have a strong feeling that the module would not see too much maintenance, if any. That is why two years ago – when it was released – my first reaction to it was asking for adding it to the core. However, I did not know that the codebase in its current state just does not cut it...

• 7 months later...
On 10/12/2019 at 2:05 AM, adrian said:

In my version of this module I have changed so many things that it is almost unrecognizable, but I do see that I added:

if($user)

to the beginning on line 394 which should fix what you are seeing.

Confirmed, this fixed the issue.. thanx for the lifeboat  ?