Chris B

Continually disconnected (random)

Hi,

My name is Chris, i have been using Processwire for several months. I had the opportunity to create several sites with this one. Despite being great tool, I often encounter the same problem in the administration.
I am continually disconnected (logout) for no specific reason. It's every time: after a page change. Ex: I send a form or simply a page change via a link.

I checked the logs, messages, etc. but there is nothing related to this problem.

Thank you for your support 🙂

These threads discuss similar issues: 

While developing you might want to disable fingerprinting from within config.php - it's explained and discussed in the threads above.

Another thing you can and might want to doublecheck:

• CDNs can be sometimes an issue as well; saw this with Cloudflare CDN a few times
  • some browser extensions (privacy and adblock-related ones) can cause those issues as well
  • Pi-Hole can be an issue too
  • Operas built-in-VPN causes these conflicts/problems (especially in tools like Asana and Slack - and PW)

And those things are just the few I remembered from similar situations I had to deal with on my own.

• Like 4

Hi @Christophe Badoux

It sound like a permission or maybe a server cache issue, but we need more information about your hosting.

Things to check :

• browser cache
  • disk space available
  • value of session.save_path and permission of this value
  • permission of site/assets
  • server caching (depending on the server setup, could be NGINX, Squid, Varnish, Memcached, etc..)

I bet on the last one.

Oh and Welcome to the forum 🙂

• Like 3

I also encounter that (very randomly) on some installs. Till now, I couldn't really find a pattern. Perhaps changing from cookie to DB-based session management can help.

If you put your site behind Cloudflare, you have to exclude your backend URL (using Page rules) otherwise it will be cached and will disconnect you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

If you put your site behind Cloudflare, you have to exclude your backend URL (using Page rules) otherwise it will be cached and will disconnect you. 

@Rudy Can you explain in more details or post a screenshot of your settings? Disabling cache with the following page rule for the admin URL actually makes things a lot worse…

cloudflare.png

Thank you all!

I waited a few hours before pronouncing the verdict ^^

The problem was indeed the change of IP.

I added this line in: /site/config.php

$config->sessionFingerprint = 1; /* 1 or true: Fingerprint on default / recommended setting (currently 10). */

by

$config->sessionFingerprint = 8; /* 8: Fingerprint only the useragent */

I was able to test this solution on all the sites I created. It works.

Thx you to everyone !!!

• Like 3

I can confirm that I’ve also reached exactly the same conclusion this morning. Using only the useragent seems to keep the constant disconnections away. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Peter Knight
      I have a few web forms which require testing on a weekly basis and I don't want the recipients (administrators) to receive these test emails.
      What would be a good way to test approx 15 forms from the front end and have the test delivered a list of secondary administrator recipients?
      I'm thinking that I could have some kind of config file which watches for a trigger word or email and then understands that it's a test and to bypass the normal admins?
      All of the forms ask for an email address so I could setup an email such as 'testform@email.not' etc which my config file (hook?) would watch for.
      Or is there a better way to do this?
      Additionally, I have a few extra requirements...
      Forms should goto an alternative success page. This is because I don't want my test to skew my Google Analytics conversion tracking Forms would need to be tested from the front-end and not the PW admin area Any advice appreciated.
      BTW I realise this should be posted in the proper FormBuilder support forum. I am in the process of renewing my license for access to that support forum.

• By BFD Calendar
      We're looking for someone who can make an addon for our website using Formbuilder and publishing the pages to a Google Calendar instantly.
      The use is a setup for laser reservations for a modelbuilding lab, see www.mekano.info to have a bit of an idea. On the 'calendar' page you'll find a linked Google calendar that lists all events per day. These events are now all added by staff members in a shared Google calendar. Underneath the calendar is a list of recent use of our lasercutters, generated by a form where user, machine and start time are entered and duration is calculated by editing that form. I have a likely form to add a reservation to enter user, machine and time/date but we want them to go into our shared Google calendar 'immediately'. If you look at early June in the calendar you can see how it should look like.
      I know there are simple solutions to make this happen but haven't figured a working out.
      We want Google calendar so all our staff can subscribe and see the calendar on all their devices. On the other hand we want to keep a list of students who made reservations because at some point they are limited.
      If you're interested I can give you a login to see a bit more behind the curtains. Part of the website is public for students and guests, quite a few functional pages are only visible when you're logged in.
    • By DooM
      Hey guys,
      I'm using Form builder module by Ryan and I'm trying to render HTML success message after form is sent using value from this field:

but it renders exactly as it is written in the field, not as HTML. To render it I just use echo
      <?= $successMessage ?> What am I missing?

Thanks for any help. 🧒
    • By J_Szwarga
      What is the best practice for having a form (only accessible to a logged in user) save the user's progress between sections of the form? Fieldsets? Multiple forms?
      Use case: I have a very long application form that would take 30 minutes for the applicant to fill out and I would hate for all progress to be lost due to user error. The progress needs to be logged into the user's page.
      Thanks!
    • By Noel Boss
      To create a new gitlab issue, I'd like to send an Email to the following email address using FormBuilder: 
      incoming+account/repository@incoming.gitlab.com
      unfortunately, the / in the email gets striped by the sanitizer:
      wire('sanitizer')->email(incoming+account/repository@incoming.gitlab.com'); // output: incoming+accountrepository@incoming.gitlab.com Is there any way to configure the sanitizer? Any other Ideas how to send the mail to this address?

Ps.: I can not define the email format as it is defined by gitlab. The format is also kind of "common" and known as email-alias in the form of emailaccount+alias@domain.com – gmail uses it to label mails…
      https://help.wodify.com/hc/en-us/articles/234441508-How-Do-I-Create-an-Email-Alias-