Chris B

Continually disconnected (random)

Hi,

My name is Chris, i have been using Processwire for several months. I had the opportunity to create several sites with this one. Despite being great tool, I often encounter the same problem in the administration.
I am continually disconnected (logout) for no specific reason. It's every time: after a page change. Ex: I send a form or simply a page change via a link.

I checked the logs, messages, etc. but there is nothing related to this problem.

Thank you for your support 🙂

These threads discuss similar issues: 

While developing you might want to disable fingerprinting from within config.php - it's explained and discussed in the threads above.

Another thing you can and might want to doublecheck:

• CDNs can be sometimes an issue as well; saw this with Cloudflare CDN a few times
  • some browser extensions (privacy and adblock-related ones) can cause those issues as well
  • Pi-Hole can be an issue too
  • Operas built-in-VPN causes these conflicts/problems (especially in tools like Asana and Slack - and PW)

And those things are just the few I remembered from similar situations I had to deal with on my own.

• Like 4

Hi @Christophe Badoux

It sound like a permission or maybe a server cache issue, but we need more information about your hosting.

Things to check :

• browser cache
  • disk space available
  • value of session.save_path and permission of this value
  • permission of site/assets
  • server caching (depending on the server setup, could be NGINX, Squid, Varnish, Memcached, etc..)

I bet on the last one.

Oh and Welcome to the forum 🙂

• Like 3

I also encounter that (very randomly) on some installs. Till now, I couldn't really find a pattern. Perhaps changing from cookie to DB-based session management can help.

If you put your site behind Cloudflare, you have to exclude your backend URL (using Page rules) otherwise it will be cached and will disconnect you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rudy said:

If you put your site behind Cloudflare, you have to exclude your backend URL (using Page rules) otherwise it will be cached and will disconnect you. 

@Rudy Can you explain in more details or post a screenshot of your settings? Disabling cache with the following page rule for the admin URL actually makes things a lot worse…

cloudflare.png

Thank you all!

I waited a few hours before pronouncing the verdict ^^

The problem was indeed the change of IP.

I added this line in: /site/config.php

$config->sessionFingerprint = 1; /* 1 or true: Fingerprint on default / recommended setting (currently 10). */

by

$config->sessionFingerprint = 8; /* 8: Fingerprint only the useragent */

I was able to test this solution on all the sites I created. It works.

Thx you to everyone !!!

• Like 3

I can confirm that I’ve also reached exactly the same conclusion this morning. Using only the useragent seems to keep the constant disconnections away. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now