Peter Troeger

Help with update from 2.7.2 to 3.0.123

Hello 🙂

After upgrading to 3.0.123 from 2.7.2 (I replaced the wire folder, index.php and .htaccess I get this error:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null in site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessBatcher/ProcessBatcher.module:58 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: ProcessBatcher::getModuleInfo() #1 dev/wire/core/Modules.php(2568): call_user_func(Array) #2 wire/core/Modules.php(2844): ProcessWire\Modules->getModuleInfoInternal('ProcessBatcher', '\\') #3 dev/wire/core/Modules.php(1036): ProcessWire\Modules->getModuleInfo('ProcessBatcher') #4 dev/wire/core/Modules.php(848): ProcessWire\Modules->loadModule('...', '...', Array, Array) #5 wire/core/Modules.php(369): ProcessWire\Modules->load('...') #6 wire/core/ProcessWire.php(395): ProcessWire\Modules->init() #7 wire in site/assets/cache/FileCompiler/site/modules/ProcessBatcher/ProcessBatcher.module on line 58 

When I disable template and file compilation, I get

Fatal Error: Class 'Textformatter' not found (line 17 of site/modules/TextformatterMakeLinks.module)

I added this to all my template files

<?php namespace ProcessWire;

And am not sure where to go from here 🙂

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Peter

Are all your modules up to date and compatible with ProcessWire 3.x?

You can clear the compiled files cache - can be found at the bottom of your module page - and try again.

• Like 3

I started anew, and the batch processor module was a problem.

But now my login isn't working. I log in, in my log files I see a successful login, but The login page just reloads without a message.
When entering wrong input details, I get the correct error message.

Any ideas? 🙂

Thank you!
Peter

A totally fresh installation or new try/rework of your existing site?

If it's not a fresh installation you could try this:

• delete session files /site/assets/sessions
  • delete cached/compiled files in site/assets/cache/FileCompiler

Check if both instances - old and new - have the same userAuthSalt value in their config.php.

Thanks for your ideas. I tried it after deleting sessions and file compiler, but I still have the same problem.

User salt is identical on both sites.

Do you develop on your local machine or on a remote server?

Maybe your problem is similar to this one - if you are working on a remote server:

And you have to disable - for the time you update and develop - some security features aka fingerprinting.

• Like 1

Thank you for your help. That was not the problem, but it pointed me in the right direction. The problem was my stupidity 😄

I hat $config->sessionAllow = true; set in config. And while it didn't make a problem in 2.6., but it did make on locally in the upgraded version. 🙂