Wouter

Silly me blocked myself out of admin-how to solve this?

Once you've got an SSL certificate installed on your server, you need to make sure that it is put to use. At minimum, we recommend locking down your "admin" template to only allow https traffic. However, make sure that your site is accessible via https://yourdomain.com before you do this, otherwise you could lock yourself out of the admin.

Hi Netcarver, 

Thanks for your time...

Since i can not log in, and am a complete newbie to building anything on the web. How do i do this solution? How do i access the root folder. How do i run it, what does that mean?

Thanks

Solution

Paste the following into a file (e.g. "reset.php") in the root folder of the site, then run it.

Hi Wouter,

Can you be a little more specific about what's happening?  Can you visit your site in the browser? If so, can you see the admin login page?

The easiest way I have done this is to paste the following in the home.php file (this can be found under site->templates). Once you have saved your change to the home template, visit your site's home page. Once you have visited the page after updating the template, you can remove the code from the template.

$admin = $users->get('admin'); // or whatever your username is
$admin->setAndSave('pass', 'yo123456'); //change the password to whatever you want it to be