ryan

PW 3.0.141 – Core updates

This week’s dev branch version brings you improvements to ProcessWire’s $input->cookie API variable, plus it adds the ability to modify system URLs and paths at runtime. This post also includes some examples to demonstrate just how useful this can be—

https://processwire.com/blog/posts/pw-3.0.141/

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

Actually I'm still working on minor details, but I'll have it posted by 5pm EST. 

• Like 2

These banners remind me of how my new refrigerator came with PolarXtraFresh™ and SuperFreshyChill™ stickers prominently stuck all over the front, so I would have to acknowledge and could appreciate its technology. Indeed, I was impressed enough to relocate them as bumper stickers on my car, and while I still don't know what they mean, I feel more confident and respected on the road.

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 8

1 hour ago, wbmnfktr said:

PolarXtraFresh™ and SuperFreshyChill™

Thaks Ryan, for the new features and also for the entertainment, which was just as great as the one and only "youtuber's" channel I regularly watch. His similar topic: https://youtu.be/Q6emWqJOTkY?t=1017

• Like 2

> If setting the cookie fails (like due to prior output) ProcessWire remembers it in the session instead, and sets it the response to the next web request (before any output).

I‘m wondering if raising an error would actually be the better option. Letting a cookie creation succeed, but not actually creating one might lead to hard to understand bugs. At least the return value should indicate that creation of the cookie was delayed to the next request, even though I can‘t imagine cases where I would want that type of behaviour. 

• Like 3

rerJGYJ.png

Hey @ryan I tried setting a different templates folder today but the result seems weird to me. Am I doing it wrong?

I'd have expected that if I set the templates location to /site/templates/theme1 the homepage should show /site/templates/theme1/home.php but in fact it shows a 404 because /site/templates/home.php does not exist and the page is taken as not viewable...

Is that expected?