Pages dont show without containing content!

benbyf

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

I've spent alot of time templating after setting up the pages but found that the pages are inculded, say in a list or menu, (even though title, url, and dates have been created for that page), unless there is some content they dont show.

THIS IS REALLY ANNOYING, and maybe there should be a big notive somewhere to say that this happens if this is to be left.

:(

Wouldn't the problem be this:

After creating a page, you must either add content & save, or save only, because I new pages are not published in the moment you create them; they are created & saved, but you must hit the save button at least once to publish the page. This is to prevent empty pages showing on websites, if you add pages while having any traffic.

Try opening the page you don't see in editor, just open it, hit save and let us know if it works.

either way that does make logical sense.... why make a page then have it not appear without any indecation that thats the case!?

Well, there is a notification, but little bit small one. Also other parts of admin doesn't indicate these unpublished pages at all (like pagelist). I do agree that this is clumsy and unclear, but there is easy fix for this... See the other topic in this area.

Adam: I think you already have permission to move topics? Let me know if you don't, I can check this again. For now I am moving this to the general support.

Benbyf,

Apeisa posted some great ideas for this that I'll be implementing, hopefully very soon.

The purpose of this behavior is just to prevent you from having pages show up in your site that are only half way through being created. If I recall correctly, PW only does this if the page has additional fields to populate beyond those you see on the "add page" screen.

If you've created tons of pages don't go back and save each one. Instead, I'll paste in a snippet of code that you can put into any template temporarily and it'll publish them all for you. Just let me know if you want that.

Adam, Antti: I thought I'd set it up so that both of you have some additional permissions on the forums (like ability to move and delete stuff), but let me know if you don't. I'm not much of an expert on this software, and may have set it up incorrectly (a couple months ago).

Adam, Antti: I thought I'd set it up so that both of you have some additional permissions on the forums (like ability to move and delete stuff), but let me know if you don't. I'm not much of an expert on this software, and may have set it up incorrectly (a couple months ago).

Oh there is! Haven't noticed those before, they are well hidden :)