Need help troubleshooting this error.

OrganizedFellow

43 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Did you move the folder, upgraded the webserver, changed the PHP version or something of that kind?

This was relocated from my other PC/workstation to another. Nothing LAMP related is different, they are both identical.

I'm thinking something else is broken and may have to start over, as git is also throwing errors (see comment above).

Did you push this repo anywhere? Github, gitlab, bitbucket, co-worker's machine etc? If so, you can pull the state back from the remote.

Edited to add, if there's corruption on your local drive, you might want to think about immediately backing up your data.

Try running git fsck.

13 minutes ago, netcarver said:

Did you push this repo anywhere? Github, gitlab, bitbucket, co-worker's machine etc? If so, you can pull the state back from the remote.

Edited to add, if there's corruption on your local drive, you might want to think about immediately backing up your data.

Try running git fsck.

no luck.

i may have lost everything. damnit. next time, I should (and will) use remote git, i have both gitlab & github. Why I did not use them for my project? I DUNNO!

pw-moregiterrors2.png

6 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

Does that machine still exist?

Tried using another git client another OS?

The machine exists, but as an addicted DistroHopper, it's been wiped.

Client? I use the command line.

No worries amigo, I have accepted the loss and will restart the project again tomorrow ? LESSON LEARNED!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, OrganizedFellow said:

Client? I use the command line.

No worries amigo, I have accepted the loss and will restart the project again tomorrow ? LESSON LEARNED!

VSCode makes working with git a breeze and now that github has unlimited private repos it's really great combination! 

https://code.visualstudio.com/Docs/editor/versioncontrol
https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=eamodio.gitlens

2 hours ago, netcarver said:

@OrganizedFellow

Do think about backing up your drive now. If it's starting to fail, this could be an early warning for you. 

Thanks buddy. This is a new laptop, new SSDs, and new Laragon setup.

Previously I would code on my aging Thinkpad T420, so I had made that backup to USB flash drive (should've been to gitlab - dummyme).