Can't login to backend

Anton

Hi there,

I'm working with Processwire 3. Before summer I had issues to load to my backend. I finally managed to connect thanks to this

$admin = wire('users')->get('admin');
$admin->setOutputFormatting(false);
$admin->set('pass', 'yo12345ZZ')

$admin->save('pass');

But later, the problem evolved: when I logged in to the site, the login page redirected me to the home. I didn't find any information about it on the web.
But recently, the redirection has changed, now it is the login page that reloads when you connect. 
I don't know where to start to fix this. It looks like sorcery.

Thank you for all the help you can give me.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/6/2019 at 10:46 AM, Anton said:

But later, the problem evolved: when I logged in to the site, the login page redirected me to the home. I didn't find any information about it on the web.
But recently, the redirection has changed, now it is the login page that reloads when you connect. 
I don't know where to start to fix this. It looks like sorcery.

Did you develop that site or someone else? Maybe there are some hooks in place. Did you try connecting in an incognito window (without any cookies set)?

On 9/19/2019 at 4:10 PM, Gideon So said:

Are you sure the Apache rewrite module loads properly?

Gideon

?Hi ! This comment put me on the right track. It's solved.

(The incognito window didn't worked. Yes I developed the site myself but I am not a developer.)

I finally found the problem. I think the.htaccess file was incorrectly configured. I replaced it with another one and it worked. I must have changed something in there when I was trying to change my password... 

Thank you all for your help.

Anton

• Like 2