Changing Favicon seavuel.com theme

Varun

Hi Varun. Welcome to the forums!

This is not the right place for asking support for that theme, but here's what I found in its FAQ (http://seavuel.com/#faq):

Yes! It's quite easy to do.

The favicon.ico file is typically a simple 16x16 image, visible in the browser status bar, tabs and/or title bar. To change this to your own, simply do the following:

1. Create a “favicon.ico” file from your preferred image. You can either use an image editing tool—such as Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, MS Paint, etc., or you can use this website: https://realfavicongenerator.net/.
  2. Upload the image to your “web root” for your website and replace the existing one.
  3. Clear your browser cache, then visit your website again.

32 minutes ago, Sergio said:

This is not the right place for asking support for that theme

Well... actually... that theme is based on ProcessWire and comes with a full site profile so the question wasn't that wrong here.

They say:

• Quick install in less than 5 minutes (Using Processwire wizard)
  • Powerfull admin panel (Processwire) that makes sense for both the developer & client
  • Helpful documentation + Processwire documentation

That's the first commercial ProcessWire theme or profile I have seen in the wild.

28 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

Well... actually... that theme is based on ProcessWire and comes with a full site profile so the question wasn't that wrong here

True, but a favicon is an external asset in the markup and PW does not know anything about it :) And the theme has a documentation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

That module is listed in every ProcessWire installation. 

Weird. I was already puzzled because the module is listed as a pro module, but at the same time it's filed as core... surely it can't be both (?).

17 hours ago, dragan said:

surely it can't be both (?).

17 hours ago, wbmnfktr said:

I don't know if this is correct in any way.

This module gets people confused ?. Yes, it is both. Page Table is a pro module based on a concept by @apeisa, coded by @ryan and sponsored by Avoine where Antti works. Avoine offered the module to the ProcessWire community for free (through their sponsorship).

Edit: For some reason, the above link is not linking correctly to the single post where Ryan explains the difference between the modules. Here is the direct link. It is Ryan's 3rd post on page 2 of that thread. 

TLDR; Table and Page Table are different modules. Both are pro fields. The latter is available to us for free, thanks to Avoine. ?

Edited by kongondo
edited for clarity
  • Like 7