dragan

Export Site Profile incl. ready.php ?

Is it by design that a site/ready.php is not included when creating a new site profile? Is it possible to include it with a hook? Or are there any security thoughts? (I don't want to redistribute it in public, it's just so I have my own boilerplate)

Did you think of packing the content of ready.php in your own boilerplate module?

Ryan's ProcessExportProfile module includes ready.php in the exported files. Based on your other comment, I think there may have been an error during the export process because I frequently install profiles exported by this module without any problems.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Robin S said:

Ryan's ProcessExportProfile module includes ready.php in the exported files.

Can't confirm this. Just moved 2 sites/profiles from local to another instance. Neither of them had ready.php, init.php or finished.php in the created profile ZIPs.

9 minutes ago, wbmnfktr said:

in the created profile ZIPs

I always use the "Server directory" option because I'm using the profiles locally and so there's no point in an extra zipping/unzipping stage. So could be a bug with the ZIP export option.

• Like 3

Ok, this is a very good detail. I always use ZIPs as I push them - as they are - to the new system.

I will try the Server Directory tomorrow and let you (all) know if this makes a difference here on my side.

• Like 1

Just to clarify: I didn't use the ZIP file, I took the generated folder (Server Directory method), since I was only working locally.

I tried the module after reading this thread, using Server Directory method, and had a problem because ready.php *was* included. The installer complained about a hook I use to process submissions to a FormBuilder form: "Call to a member function addHookAfter() on null ", where the call is

$forms->addHookAfter('FormBuilderProcessor::render', function($e)

Temporarily renaming ready.php in the profile and resetting it after installation got me where I wanted to be. It's very useful to install a ready-made set of modules like this.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, kp52 said:

It's very useful to install a ready-made set of modules like this.

If that's your goal you should maybe have a look at PW Kickstart, especially this reply:  https://processwire.com/talk/topic/18166-processwire-kickstart/?do=findComment&comment=187284

It's a lot more flexible than site profiles (spoiler: I don't like them 😋)...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Note from moderator: since this is not a support thread for a module, I'm moving it to the "Themes and Profiles" area of the forum instead. Thanks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By maba
      Hello,
      I need to import regularly - every 15 or 30 days - a big .xslx file into my PW installation.
      This file now has 14 columns, 5.000 rows and grows every month.
      I'll need to group, order and work with these data to:
      analyse User monthly costs analyse User costs per Asset ... User (real AD account) has to match with a PW user - I can't join to the domain - but as you can see I have some services users (start with sca_*) or no user at all. Those rows have to be assigned to a specific user, e.g. account100.
      And:
      I would like to be able to have a kind of diff function to compare User assets between this and last month (and so on) other request is to have a notification when something change for a User between actual and latest import First request: which is the best solution to store those data in your opinion? Page, Table, Repeater Matrix, ...?
      Those are very repetitive data and I think a page reference is better than to import all the data every time but I have to understand how to manage those "dynamic" groups of software (AccType Det), hardware (Asset), ... For example Price will be imported and not stored with the description because it could be change in the future and I'll not have any control on it.
      Thanks!
      User,OE,productNmr,AccType1,AccType Det,Count,Price (€),Sum,ASNA,CC,AccType Info,Asset,AccGroup,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    • By NorbertH
      I have trouble exporting fields via the buildin export. 
      For example when i export a single field  i get:
      { "bestellung_status_name": { "id": 194, "type": "FieldtypeText", "flags": 0, "name": "bestellung_status_name", "label": "Status Intern", "textformatters": [ "TextformatterEntities" ], "collapsed": 0, "minlength": 0, "maxlength": 100, "showCount": 0, "size": 0, "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+", "showIf": "", "themeInputSize": "", "themeInputWidth": "", "themeOffset": "", "themeBorder": "", "themeColor": "", "themeBlank": "", "columnWidth": 100, "required": "", "requiredAttr": "", "requiredIf": "", "stripTags": "", "placeholder": "" } } exporting a secon single field i get :
      { "bestellung_status_name_ext": { "id": 195, "type": "FieldtypeText", "flags": 0, "name": "bestellung_status_name_ext", "label": "Status Extern", "textformatters": [ "TextformatterEntities" ], "collapsed": 0, "minlength": 0, "maxlength": 100, "showCount": 0, "size": 0, "pattern": "[a-z\\A-Z\\(\\)]+", "showIf": "", "themeInputSize": "", "themeInputWidth": "", "themeOffset": "", "themeBorder": "", "themeColor": "", "themeBlank": "", "columnWidth": 100, "required": "", "requiredAttr": "", "requiredIf": "", "stripTags": "", "placeholder": "" } } So far everything works fine .
      When i try to export both fields together  i get only an error message :
      Call to a member function getModuleInfo() on null File: .../wire/modules/Fieldtype/FieldtypeText.module:171 I added " bd($textformatter);" on line 170 to see whats wrong. so have a look at the screenshot i apended to this post.

Its perfectly possible that one textformater module got removed by accident while experimenting whith some textformaters but my question is how to fix this maybe somewhere in the DB and possibly what went wrong?
      ProcessWire 3.0.120 © 2019
      Apache/2.4.25 (FreeBSD) OpenSSL/1.0.2k mod_fcgid/2.3.9
      PHP 7.1.2

Edit: After adding
      if ($textformatter ===NULL) continue; I can export my fields , as there arent any Textformater missing in the fields , i get a perfect result. but still there is one textformater whith a NULL value.  

• By karian
      I don't know why multiple instances (repeater_repeat_columns1, repeater_repeat_columns2, ...) of my repeater field are displayed inside Template field (see image).
      Is there a way to clean/reset it ?

• By psy
      I'm combining two PW sites into one, Site A into Site B.
      At each step, I did it bit by bit as the 'all at once' approach failed.

First, I exported all the fields from Site A and imported into Site B. Any field types not supported by import/export, eg FieldtypeOptions I manually recreated. All good.
      Next I exported all the templates from Site A and imported them into Site B and copied across their associated template files. All good.
      Finally I exported the pages I needed from Site A into Site B - again, bit by bit to ensure it all went smoothly.
      From the admin side, it all looked and worked perfectly.
      Front end was a totally different story. All existing pages in Site B worked as expected. NONE of the pages imported from Site A displayed. They all ended in a redirect loop with no errors in the PW logs or Tracy Debugger.
      After some trial-and-error, I finally got it working with:
      - create a new template in Site B admin with no associated template file and just a title field
      - import the fields from the imported Site A template into the newly created template (both on Site B)
      - copy the Site A php template file into a new file that matched the new PW Site B template name and save in Site B site/templates
      I can deal with the above workaround. Just curious to know if I did something wrong or if the template import/export feature is problematic?

### Solution:
      While the export/import was a slow process, turned out the front end redirecting issue was unrelated. For reasons unknown, all templates marked as HTTPS only were the ones redirecting, ie all templates from Site A. Finally solved it by changing the $config->https to true in site/config.php
      Now the pages display correctly as https whether the template forces the issue or not.