Old Cars for sale site

Arkster

www.freddysfatfenders.com

Built from ground-up and then integrated into processwire, which the client LOVES. When he sells a car, all he has to do is drag the car to the "Sold" page, and processwire takes care of the rest. Because there are no sold cars as of now you can't see it, but "SOLD" is stamped across the images. Also, thanks to the "page" field-type, he can select a car from the home page which is "featured".

The site has a somewhat fluid layout - If you go to the "For Sale" page and make your browser, say 800px wide, you won't see any horizontal scrollbars.

Anyways, first site and first experience with Processwire, and a very good one.

Nice work -- Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed hearing about how your client is using it on the back end too. The way you are handling the photo galleries is very effective, and I like how you are overlaying the price on top of the photo (nice effect, looks like it's actually rendered in the photo). And likewise with the "sold" version (transparent PNG?) -- gotta love that Karmann Ghia. :) Are you maintaining separate fields in ProcessWire for year, mileage and features? Or is that a textarea?

Love the cars and quite like the design, good work!

The only problem I have is with contact form, it doesn't really fit that well into the design, that's for one.

Also, the logo is horrible, but that might not be your fault :)

Nice addition to the family of pages running on PW all in all

Thanks for the feedback to you both! Yes I'm maintaining separate fields as this client isn't too computer literate and would accidentally mess up the structure. Plus this way it ensures it's always consistent. I'm using PHP on that template to place the commas in the correct places, and then to expload a comma delimited list the editor enters in the "features" field as list items (up to 4). And yes on the sold page I used a transparent png and then CSS to rotate every other one in opposite directions. Who cares about IE 6 anyways? :D yeah that Karmann Ghia is sweet, wish I was the reason it was in the sold category!

adamkiss, any suggestions to make the contact form fit in better? I was going for minimalist.

Also, what don't you like about the logo? Yeah it's not what I would have settled on, but the client loves it. Honestly though I don't think it's that bad - I'm interested to what you don't like about it. I'm pretty inexperienced in design so love to hear others input.

Nice little site!

When he sells a car, all he has to do is drag the car to the "Sold" page, and processwire takes care of the rest.

Also, thanks to the "page" field-type, he can select a car from the home page which is "featured".

I think this shows really the strengths of processwire: it scales for super large sites, but also works very well in small sites like this - gives benefits that most simple content management software couldn't give!

I would actually use processwire even for single page websites!