rash

Page status differences?

Hi guys,

I’m writing on a brief editor’s manual what reminds me of a topic I repeatedly stumble upon: What are the exact differences between unpublished, hidden and locked pages? Just to make it clear: There is no problem with checking or setting the status and using the result for whatever. The only thing I don’t really understand is the editor’s view: What is happening with the states beside their usage in my templates? Surprisingly, the otherwise excellent PW docs don’t reveal too much about.

The notes on the Settings tab of Page Edit are a good summary of what the statuses mean:

2019-08-22_233302.png.9a7185e9f4aefde237f9a242b8e19edb.png

Hidden and unpublished pages are both excluded from selectors (unless you override this) - the difference is that a hidden page is viewable if the URL is known, whereas an unpublished page cannot be viewed unless the user is logged in and has edit access for the page.

• Like 5

Thanks a lot, arjen and Robin S. At least my ignorance of the notes in the settings tabs is undoubtedly a bit embarrasing. But good to understand it for now and the future.

• Like 1

What is Page::statusIncomplete? Never saw this before...

5 hours ago, dragan said:

What is Page::statusIncomplete?

https://github.com/processwire/processwire-issues/issues/252#issuecomment-467473684

Quote: "If a page is saved (in the admin) and errors are generated by the page editor form, the page receives a Page::statusIncomplete status, indicating something may be missing on the page. When the page is saved without error, this status is removed."

There is more about it in the GitHub issue.

• Like 5