LuisM

Hook on Templates::save and get affected Template

Hi there,

im a bit lost right now. I added an hook after templates::save which should get the affected template and write its template ID into a JSON.

The problem is, the event->object gives me an instance of the templates class. How can I narrow this down to the saved Template and get its ID and fieldgroup?

9 minutes ago, BitPoet said:

Use $event->arguments(0);

Yeah, this did the trick... Thank you 🙂

My solution for what I needed this for:

public function templateSave($event){

$templateId = $event->arguments(0)->id;
        $templates = $this->wire('templates');
        $template = $templates->get($templateId);
        $fieldgroup = $this->wire->fieldgroups->get($template->name);
        $data['name'] = $template->name;
        foreach($fieldgroup as $k => $v){
            $field = $this->wire('fields')->get($k);
            $data['fields'][] = ['name' => $field->name, 'id' => $k];
        }
        $data = json_encode($data, JSON_PRETTY_PRINT);

$file = $this->wire('config')->paths->root.'models/'. $template->name .'.json';
        file_put_contents($file, $data);
    }

which would generate something like

{
    "name": "BaseController",
    "fields": [
        {
            "name": "title",
            "id": 1
        },
        {
            "name": "ControllerEnvironment",
            "id": 219
        },
        {
            "name": "active",
            "id": 132
        },
        {
            "name": "accesspermissions",
            "id": 197
        },
        {
            "name": "accesspermission",
            "id": 196
        },
        {
            "name": "appcompanyname",
            "id": 125
        },
        {
            "name": "appuserreference",
            "id": 177
        },
        {
            "name": "appuserroles",
            "id": 186
        }
    ]
}

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bramwolf
      Hi Guys,

I found that my site is producing this notice on the front end, even when $config->debug = false and also when admin is
      not even logged in. How do I keep the site from displaying this message to front end users? The notice is about a few vars
      being tested, which in this case aren't defined, how would I stop that from happing all together when testing vars? if I for instance
      wrap the $discountCode = blabla in a if($order) { ...  } statement than I'm again testing for $order which isn't a object in this case
      which throws another notice..

This is the notice:

Here is my current code:
      // PAD DISCOUNT CODE HOOK // First we see if we have active discount code if ($this->session->orderId) { $order = $this->pages->get($this->session->orderId); } if($product->geen_korting == 1) { $nodisc = $product->geen_korting; } else { $nodisc = $product->parent->geen_korting; } $discountCode = $this->sanitizer->selectorValue($order->pad_discount_code); $dc = $this->pages->get("template=paddiscount, title=$discountCode"); if ($dc->id) { if ($nodisc) { $discount = 0; } elseif ($dc->pad_percentage) { $discount = $newprice * ($dc->pad_percentage / 100); } } $event->return = $newprice - $discount;
      Thanks in advance 🙂
    • By shadowkyogre
      [EDIT]: After sitting down and planning out my site according to the ragged hierarchy information, I settled on the following schematics.
      /$world/$template/$content_of_template_type/... for my pretty URLs /roster/$character for my characters a generic Repeater field with depth on most content types for custom positions for child pages to connect to instead of it directly a few Repeater fields on each content that have (PageReference[1], other fields) to establish associations A few FieldsetGroups to help me manage the fields that I needed to copy across a bunch of content types. Kept the original post below for context and tagged the OP for searchability.
      ---
      Hi everyone! I'm working on a personalized worldbuilding wiki to host my art and story stuff.
      Right now my site architecture looks like...
      /$world/cosmology/$cosmology /$world/locations/$location /$world/factions/$faction /$world/history/$history /$world/species/$species /roster/$character So far the layout works, but there's one problem. I need to make sub-sections for an organization. Organizations can appear under cosmology, locations, and factions. Sounds straightforward until... I run into the problem of figuring out how to represent subfactions.
      Key factors in this are...
      Characters should be able to be part of multiple organizations Characters should have an explicit role assigned to their membership. Character pages should be able to query the organization pages to display their ranks across organizations. Editing an organization's hierarchical layout should be visible while editing the root organization page. From what I've read of the ProcessWire documentation, the best use case for each way of representing the organization's subsections are...
      Child Pages:: Works best for menu presentation and dedicated editing. PageTables:: Works if you want control over where to place the PageTable fields, but requires opening a modal for the pages you want to edit. It's also kind of like normal pages. Repeaters:: Works great for inline editing and easy control over hierarchy, but the page urls become obscure. Sections in the body field:: Works for copypasting from my note files. But it doesn't expose relationships for easy querying. It looks like my best case for this is child pages since it allows displaying suborganization in the URL easily. But also I lose out on quickly reordering and editing the child pages. Any advice for people running into similar use cases?
    • By a.masca
      Goodmorning everyone,
      sorry for the inconvenience but I have a problem that I can't find in any other post.
      Strange things happen on a site:
      - despite everything being configured correctly (as already done in dozens of other sites) only superusers can create new pages
      - if I insert in a selector "include = all" the result is always 0
      - I should restore a series of pages incorrectly inserted in the trash, but I cannot select them with the selector "status = Trash"
      Some idea?
      Thanks so much for your valuable support.
    • By LAPS
      According to this old post, I'm trying to use the PW cache feature:
      $my_page = $pages->get($pageId); if($my_page->viewable()) { $content = $cache->get("my_page"); if(!$content) { $content = renderCustom($my_page->children); $cache->save('my_page', $content, 3600); } echo $content; } function renderCustom(PageArray $items) { foreach($items as $item) { echo $item->title; // ... heavy content loading } } After loading the page which renders the above code, in the admin I can see something was cached (note: I'm using ClearCacheAdmin) :

But when I reload the page the cached value seems do not be used and the page loads slowly.
      The result of doing var_dump() is the following:
      var_dump($cache); // return object(ProcessWire\WireCache)#20 (0) { } $content = $cache->get("my_page"); var_dump($content); // return string(0) ""  
      What could be the problem?
    • By LAPS
      Can you confirm that the function renderField for fieldset fields, even having the file /site/templates/fields/fieldName.php or /site/templates/fields/fieldName/$file.php (using $file argument), does not render anything as expected?
      $page->renderField('fieldsetName') // returns nothing ... or am I wrong on something?