Annoying but not functionality-breaking bug in repeaters

alxndre

I've found a little bug in repeaters when deleting fields within it. Whenever I delete the fields such that no fields are left, it says that the repeater is saved, but no actual fields are removed. For example, if there is only 1 field left in it, I would not be able to delete that field. But if I delete it and add another one at the same time, the changes will commit. It basically just doesn't want the repeater to have zero fields.

Is this by design? It's easy to get around, but it's just bugs me. :D

Not sure I understand 100%, but it sounds like maybe you have ready items set to 1? Edit your repeater field settings and see what the quantity of ready items is. It will keep that number of items ready to edit, hidden from view, but still existing in the background. When you delete an item, that item should be gone for good. Let me know if you are getting a different behavior and exactly how to reproduce?

If you just empty the fields inside the repeater and save, then the repeater item is still there. Press the little trashcan in the top right of the repeater item and the whole item should get deleted.

I emptied the fields and saved the other day and then blank items were still on my page~ until i deleted the item with that trash can.

Sorry I wasn't clear in my description. I was in the Edit Field > Field Type Details view where you add the fields for the repeater.

post-626-0-04552100-1353862354_thumb.png

So there are three fields on this repeater. If I try to delete all of them at once and press save, it will say that the repeater has been saved but all the fields will still be there. If I only delete 1, it will be deleted. The problem seems to be that it doesn't commit the changes when no field is left in the repeater. If there is only 1 field and I try to delete it, it can't be done.

As I've said, it doesn't break functionality, but it's just feels weird when I'm testing or redesigning a repeater. I try to delete all the fields but but they're still there.

:)

I see what you mean. I could reproduce that here. The deal is that the repeater doesn't want to be left with no fields, so it's aborting it when you perform an action that would essentially leave it empty. I will work on finding a better behavior for this.