Categorization and sorting of backend bits

Joss

Hi

I am pretty new to processwire and it is really growing on me, even though I am not a programmer.

One of the things I really appreciate is the freedom and simplicity of the administration structure.

However, I think there are a couple of things that could help navigation, and one of those is categorization of templates and fields.

This is not intended to be categories for the layout of the site or categorization of data, but simply an optional way of keeping things sorted in the backend if the site gets a bit on the large size.

In affect, it would just add another way of sorting fields and templates. For instance, you may want to group fields together that are associated with a repeater, or you may want to group fields together that you tend to use as all-purpose fields like "title" and "image"

Anything you wanted really.

For many sites, this might be a little bit of overkill, but if a site has a huge number of fields or templates, then this could be useful.

Not a major request, just a "nice to have" sort of thing.

Joss

• Like 1

I'm planning to add a tags option to fields/templates, per a thread with Renobird the other day. This will provide a basic categorization that one can use, that doesn't get in the way for the people that don't need it. Once you start using tags, the fields/templates will be grouped together when the admin list. The fields/templates will still all exist in the same namespace, but this will provide a visual grouping on the admin side for those that want it.

• Like 2