Brightline Initiative new website

Sergio

Hello folks!

Recently we published a new website for Brightline, a Project Management Institute (PMI) initiative together with leading global organizations dedicated to helping executives bridge the expensive and unproductive gap between strategy design and delivery.

The previous website was made in Hugo as in the beginning it was a very simple website, but as the business needs changed, I decided to build this version in ProcessWire. Nothing fancy occurs behind the curtains, the need was more on getting some data in a way that makes it easier to create reports and to give access to PW's great admin to another team member. For the other website, that you can see here, I didn't implement a CMS on top of Hugo because for me it was quicker to edit the files and push to the repository. Some content is still being copied but 98% is done.

A quick list of modules used:

- ProCache, FormBuilder, ProFields, SeoMaestro, PageHits, TracyDebugger, MenuBuilder, AutoSmush, and other custom ones.

I'm biased, but there a lot of good and useful content created by us and also by partners and all is free to download. :)

brightline.org-screenshot.png

Edited by Sergio
grammar fixes
  • Like 12

Forgot to mention that as I had little time to create this new version, I built the front-end using UIKit to harness its Javascript power but the main design is made using Tailwind CSS as I can build an interface much quicker using it. I became a huge fan of it. Still need to do some code cleanup, replacing uikit's classes on some elements, but had to ship it this way.

• Like 2

Very beautiful site! I love the vibrant colors.

15 hours ago, Sergio said:

main design is made using Tailwind CSS as I can build an interface much quicker using it. I became a huge fan of it.

Same here! It really speed up development time without limiting your possibilities and creativity. I especially like building responsive stuff with tailwind, makes it much more simple.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dragan said:

@Sergio Why are you using anchors for the FAQ headings? Is it supposed to be used as toggle / show-hide? Because if yes, then that is not working as intended. Everything is visible, and you can't toggle anything (at least not with Chrome).

It was like that on the previous version and I didn't implemented it yet on the new. Some small details like that I'm still working on. For instance, just upload a change do add PMI's logo at the top nav (the CEO requested it). 

Great looking site!

On 8/7/2019 at 6:54 PM, Sergio said:

...Tailwind CSS as I can build an interface much quicker using it. I became a huge fan of it...

On 8/8/2019 at 11:26 AM, Sergio said:

Yes, Tailwind is awesome! Responsive classes are a clever idea indeed, much easier to work with. The authors did an excellent job and keep improving it.

I'm pretty interested in Tailwind too. I'd love to hear some pointers on your set-up and workflow? How do you guys handle the filesize? I've read about Purgecss and I'm curious how integrate this with ProcessWire.

Hi @Sergio and @apeisa. Do you mind if I please hive off your Tailwind CSS discussion into one topic (say, Tailwind CSS for ProcessWire Developers)? It seems to me there is a steady interest in the framework. It would be nice to have one go-to topic where ProcessWire Devs can learn from (and contribute to) in respect of the framework. Personally, I have a few questions as well but I am hesitant to post in this topic since we'll quickly go off topic. Thanks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kongondo said:

Hi @Sergio and @apeisa. Do you mind if I please hive off your Tailwind CSS discussion into one topic (say, Tailwind CSS for ProcessWire Developers)? It seems to me there is a steady interest in the framework. It would be nice to have one go-to topic where ProcessWire Devs can learn from (and contribute to) in respect of the framework. Personally, I have a few questions as well but I am hesitant to post in this topic since we'll quickly go off topic. Thanks.

Sure thing, @kongondo! Let's move it to its own topic, please.

• Like 1