Solved: Missing links in Admin Header

Studio Lambelet

Hey!

I've been working on a Processwire installation (3.0.123) for a few days now and I must have made a big mistake this morning because the links in the admin's main menu no longer appear.

This is not related to the admin theme, because the bug occurs with all themes (Default, Reno, Uikit).

I tried to reinstall with the dev version (3.0.136), but the problem is still there. I also uninstalled all the modules I had added, without success. There is no error in the js console. 

I still can access/view/edit the pages  by going through the admin/page list.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Capture d’écran 2019-07-29 à 12.22.37.png

Capture d’écran 2019-07-29 à 12.22.42.png

Edited by Clément Lambelet
Solved

Hi @Clément Lambelet I rarely had issues with the admin theme. When it happened it was depending from javascript, conflicts/errors at ajax level, but there were errors in the console.

May be it could help if you may recall which modifications you introduced before experiencing the issue ! ?

I do not know if it can help and hope not to mislead you!  By chance were you doing any modifications to your front end css file such that it could have affected also the admin theme, like changing ui-menu colors ? Below a snapshot of the elements and css colors of the user pop-down menu (first menu item is named debug, add new, etc..).

1659526256_ScreenShot2019-07-29at18_36_36.thumb.png.e576268341b23b564102ae794bb66cbc.png

I reproduced what you see by setting css for .ui-menu .ui-menu-item a {color: white}

If cause is due to css and you experience the issue after reinstalling PW, can be the css file is still cached in your browser. In Chrome shift+View+Force_Reload_This_Page will also reload css files.

If this is not the case it would be interesting you inspect the first menu item of the user pop-down menu, it is named debug and should look as follows:

1802467619_ScreenShot2019-07-29at19_15_23.thumb.png.e5916b2a9b8c282b9f036ea0a85485ce.png

If "Debug" name of menu item does not appear we have to think to something else.

Hi Edison,

thanks for your reply!

It's sadly not a css issue. I checked and there is no text inside the link. Attached is a screenshot of the Setup dropdown menu (uikit theme), as you can see there is no text in the markup.admin-uikit-theme.png.1fd28bf74c13a57d521423ebfe03a746.png

I didn't change or add js. Before the bug occured I was changing the main list of pages (via ProcessPageListRender::getPageLabel in site/ready.php), but if I comment out the code the bug still occurs.

Okay, I found the issue!

I should have mentioned that I work on a multi-lingual site. 

Here's the problem (and the resolution): I removed the value "inherit from default language" for the field Title (because the inheritance didn't seem to me to be the right approach for the translation of this field). 

This had the effect of making the title empty. If I reactivate the inheritance, the problem is solved.

Thanks a lot for your help, really like PW community!

• Like 1