benbyf

PaymentStripeIntents

Example implementation:

1078496738_Screenshot2019-07-1913_58_12.thumb.png.f3632f343645353d869b87ac61730a0c.png

Info:

So this is very much an ALPHA version of what I hope turns into a swiss armory knife payment module. Currently you are able to take payments with the payments form or cross browser payments button (Apple Pay etc).

Please read implementation details here and consider contributing https://github.com/benbyford/PaymentStripeIntents

TODO:

• Add subscription functionality
  • Add customer functionality
  • More testing and code clean up
  • More usage examples
  • anything else?
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

More implementations

Ajax modal version:

279013734_Screenshot2019-07-3110_20_44.thumb.png.b3354264b210d7f432b870968826f2c6.png:

New page version:

914352247_Screenshot2019-07-3012_52_13.thumb.png.dd53c3bc18a46488fdb07db1c1ddba44.png

• Like 3

@benbyf Hi Ben. I've been trying out this module and modified the form for use with the Padloper shopping cart. (I was using a different Stripe module but I needed to upgrade to one that uses Intents). All is working well, but I've just realised that I've got a lot of 'incomplete' transactions listed in my Stripe Admin panel. I see the cancelIntent() function in the module, but I'm not sure when/how I should call this. Could I use this to get rid of my backlog of incomplete transaction? Sorry if I'm  being thick, but I guess I don't quite understand the Stripe Intents concept. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, strandoo said:

@benbyf Hi Ben. I've been trying out this module and modified the form for use with the Padloper shopping cart. (I was using a different Stripe module but I needed to upgrade to one that uses Intents). All is working well, but I've just realised that I've got a lot of 'incomplete' transactions listed in my Stripe Admin panel. I see the cancelIntent() function in the module, but I'm not sure when/how I should call this. Could I use this to get rid of my backlog of incomplete transaction? Sorry if I'm  being thick, but I guess I don't quite understand the Stripe Intents concept. Thanks.

Great to hear its working for you. I have the same issue but its nothing that is wrong per say. Everytime a intent is created it creates an incomplete transaction on your account which is then followed by a completed transaction or failed depending on the user suceeding in the transaction. If you can work out how to get around this let me know, but I thought it was just a quirk of the new way of working.

Yeah, that's what I thought. While I was building the site, I hit the Stripe form page a lot (testing the layout, shopping cart, etc) then back again. I think I must have generated quite a few incomplete transactions! Once people start using the site, I don't think it will be a big problem. Maybe I'll just disable the intents during development in the future. But I'll probably look into a way to delete them via the API. I'll post my results if I get any. Thanks for the module.

Hi Ben, I've been using another Payments module. Am I understanding correctly that yours does not depend on the PaymentModule?

If not I can uninstall the unused modules ...

Thanks

10 hours ago, Rob(AU) said:

Hi Ben, I've been using another Payments module. Am I understanding correctly that yours does not depend on the PaymentModule?

If not I can uninstall the unused modules ...

Thanks

It does, but doesnt really need to. it uses the PaymentModule for inhereitance of structure. As my module doesn't totally adhere to the render structure it might be worth striping out the dependancy at some point.

Anyone done much with plans/products/subscriptions? going round in circles abit. looking to create a customer, add and plan/subscription, and charge them for the first installment, but cant seem to work out the API flow to put it all together 😞