PaymentStripeIntents

benbyf

Example implementation:

1078496738_Screenshot2019-07-1913_58_12.thumb.png.f3632f343645353d869b87ac61730a0c.png

Info:

So this is very much an ALPHA version of what I hope turns into a swiss armory knife payment module. Currently you are able to take payments with the payments form or cross browser payments button (Apple Pay etc).

Please read implementation details here and consider contributing https://github.com/benbyford/PaymentStripeIntents

TODO:

• Add subscription functionality
  • Add customer functionality
  • More testing and code clean up
  • More usage examples
  • anything else?
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

@benbyf Hi Ben. I've been trying out this module and modified the form for use with the Padloper shopping cart. (I was using a different Stripe module but I needed to upgrade to one that uses Intents). All is working well, but I've just realised that I've got a lot of 'incomplete' transactions listed in my Stripe Admin panel. I see the cancelIntent() function in the module, but I'm not sure when/how I should call this. Could I use this to get rid of my backlog of incomplete transaction? Sorry if I'm  being thick, but I guess I don't quite understand the Stripe Intents concept. Thanks.

43 minutes ago, strandoo said:

@benbyf Hi Ben. I've been trying out this module and modified the form for use with the Padloper shopping cart. (I was using a different Stripe module but I needed to upgrade to one that uses Intents). All is working well, but I've just realised that I've got a lot of 'incomplete' transactions listed in my Stripe Admin panel. I see the cancelIntent() function in the module, but I'm not sure when/how I should call this. Could I use this to get rid of my backlog of incomplete transaction? Sorry if I'm  being thick, but I guess I don't quite understand the Stripe Intents concept. Thanks.

Great to hear its working for you. I have the same issue but its nothing that is wrong per say. Everytime a intent is created it creates an incomplete transaction on your account which is then followed by a completed transaction or failed depending on the user suceeding in the transaction. If you can work out how to get around this let me know, but I thought it was just a quirk of the new way of working.

Yeah, that's what I thought. While I was building the site, I hit the Stripe form page a lot (testing the layout, shopping cart, etc) then back again. I think I must have generated quite a few incomplete transactions! Once people start using the site, I don't think it will be a big problem. Maybe I'll just disable the intents during development in the future. But I'll probably look into a way to delete them via the API. I'll post my results if I get any. Thanks for the module.

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Rob(AU) said:

Hi Ben, I've been using another Payments module. Am I understanding correctly that yours does not depend on the PaymentModule?

If not I can uninstall the unused modules ...

Thanks

It does, but doesnt really need to. it uses the PaymentModule for inhereitance of structure. As my module doesn't totally adhere to the render structure it might be worth striping out the dependancy at some point.

Anyone done much with plans/products/subscriptions? going round in circles abit. looking to create a customer, add and plan/subscription, and charge them for the first installment, but cant seem to work out the API flow to put it all together ?

• 3 months later...

@B3ta possibly. what where you thinking?

I’m mostly interested in input to help me, as it’s a bit rough Around the edges at the minute and wondered if anyone had feedback or PRs.
I’ve recently done a lot more on it on a clients version which I’m looking to roll in soon, but am looking for enthusiasm for it so it’s not wasted work.

I usually avoid picking up on Alpha/Beta plugins since everybody can spin a plugin with a cool idea and list it on a github. 
The lack of updates from developer usually don’t inspire too much trust and most of the time the other developers tend to create their own plugins. 
With this being said, probably there are 100 versions of stripe payment gateways plugins on developers private repos. And that’s bad!!!

Processwire and the whole community is AMAZING, but the only thing that I think that is missing... is the part where developers start to create, sell and maintain their plugins.  

By creating a premium PW plugin marketplace the following scenario will happen:

1. @ryan will/can receive a comision on each sale. This will be a well deserved token of appreciation for all his amazing work invested to build and maintain PW.
2. Plugin creators will be constantly motivated to build, maintain compatibles and improve the quality of their plugins.
3. The developers that will pay and use the premium plugins and they will save thousands in development time. Probably their clients will be happier with smaller project fees and shorter delivery times.

I’m suggesting this since I’m always looking in Craft cms plugin marketplace and I have the feeling that they have a plugin for everything. 
Some are silly some are amazing... i know..
But in the moment you browse it, you always have the feeling that the only thing you have to do in order to create a big project is just to put the puzzles pieces together. 

I’m paying for some premium plugins that Ryan built. And i would happily  pay for SEO, shop/payments, reservations, crm, marketing and integrations with other widely use systems.  

• Like 2

Thanks @B3ta -  I feel like yours comments are somewhat off topic from this module specifically, so keen to get your feedback there if you have any. 
however, I do concur you thoughts on premium market place and there is actually a couple, one of which I started building myself then got busy and never got finished. It would be easier if we could all just use one central place, and easier for new PW users.

• 5 months later...

I'm trying to implement this module as a replacement for the original PaymentStripe module for a custom payment form.
I've found everything in the readme file except one: how does one output the form?
This module doesn't have a render method so I am confused.