DooM

Remove folder from site/templates?

Hello,

I'm working on something like "structure generator" for my own needs which is run after clean installation of PW to create basic structure, fields, install modules, remove unnecessities, etc.

I'm trying to remove site/templates/scripts and site/templates/styles folders, but I'm out of ideas already. When I try PHP's unlink function, it says that the path doesn't exists, which is obvious, because it will try to delete those folders under FileCompiler folder. This is probably because PW compilation process? I'm initializing this mine "structure generator" in ready.php.

Do any of you guys have any idea how to get rid of those folders? My styles and scripts folders are separated, so I don't need those two inside templates folder.

Thanks for every advice. 🙂

Might also make sense to create your own site profile, set things up there beforehand, and then install that instead of one of the built-in site profiles. If your structure generator has a lot of flags and options you tweak on a case by case basis then that might not be feasible – but if not, what you're trying to solve here is exactly what site profiles are for 🙂

See https://modules.processwire.com/modules/process-export-profile/ for more details.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zeka said:

Hi @DooM

Have you tried to use $files->rmdir ? 

https://processwire.com/api/ref/wire-file-tools/rmdir/

That doesn't seem to work. I've tried:

$files->rmdir($config->urls->templates . "styles", true);

@teppo, I tried to keep as few installation steps as possible, but yeah. Why not? I'll just add one extra step and use site profile instead. I see deleting those folders is problematic.

Thanks  a lot 🙂  

Edited by DooM
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DooM said:

That doesn't seem to work. I've tried:

$files->rmdir($config->urls->templates . "styles", true);

Note that WireFileTools operations work on paths (on disk), not URLs – so $config->paths->templates would have a better chance of succeeding 🙂

One problem with file operations is that you need to give code a full write access to all your templates, etc. In my opinion that's not a good idea (considering security aspect of it), but of course this too depends on the case at hand. Personally I'd suggest going with site profiles, or using something else entirely (bash scripts or Composer or something – or perhaps Wireshell would have something that helps here?)

1 hour ago, teppo said:

Note that WireFileTools operations work on paths (on disk), not URLs – so $config->paths->templates would have a better chance of succeeding 🙂

One problem with file operations is that you need to give code a full write access to all your templates, etc. In my opinion that's not a good idea (considering security aspect of it), but of course this too depends on the case at hand. Personally I'd suggest going with site profiles, or using something else entirely (bash scripts or Composer or something – or perhaps Wireshell would have something that helps here?)

Woow, that really did work! Thanks a lot! 🙂 The Wireshell looks awesome. I'll check it

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MateThemes
      Hello everyone!
      I am trying to add my repeater matrix fields to the search selector, but unfortunately nothing seems to work for me.
      I have following search code in my search.php:
      <?php namespace ProcessWire; // look for a GET variable named 'q' and sanitize it $q = input()->get('q'); // sanitize to text, which removes markup, newlines, too long, etc. $q = sanitizer()->text($q); // did $q have anything in it after sanitizing to text? if($q) { // Make the search query appear in the top-right search box. // Always entity encode any user input that also gets output echo '<input id="search-query" value="' . sanitizer()->entities($q) . '">'; // Sanitize for placement within a selector string. This is important for any // values that you plan to bundle in a selector string like we are doing here. // It quotes them when necessary, and removes characters that might cause issues. $q = sanitizer()->selectorValue($q); // Search the title and body fields for our query text. // Limit the results to 50 pages. The has_parent!=2 excludes irrelevant admin // pages from the search, for when an admin user performs a search. $selector = "title|body~=$q, limit=50, has_parent!=2"; // Find pages that match the selector $matches = pages()->find($selector); } else { $matches = array(); } // unset the variable that we no longer need, since it can contain user input unset($q); ?> <main pw-replace='main'> <?php include('./includes/_pageheadersearch.php'); ?> <div id='content-body' class='uk-section uk-section-large uk-section-large'> <div class='uk-container uk-container-small'> <?php // did we find any matches? if(count($matches)) { // yes we did, render them echo ukAlert(sprintf(_n('Found %d page', 'Found %d pages', $matches->count), $matches->count), "default", "check"); echo ukDescriptionListPages($matches); } else { // we didn't find any echo ukAlert(__('Sorry, no results were found'), "danger", "warning"); } ?> </div> </div> </main> I have tried to add my fields to the selector code (repeater_matrix.aboutsblock_repeaters.mytextfield) . But I didn't get any results.
      What I am doing wrong?
      Thanks for your help!
    • By Robin S
      This module corrects a few things that I find awkward about the "Add New Template" workflow in the PW admin. I opened a wishlist topic a while back because it would good to resolve some of these things in the core, but this module is a stopgap for now.
      Originally I was going to share these as a few standalone hooks, but decided to bundle them together in a configurable module instead.
      Add Template Enhancements
      A module for ProcessWire CMS/CMF. Adds some efficiency enhancements when adding or cloning templates via admin.

Features
      Derive label from name when new template added: if you like to give each of your templates a label then this feature can save some time. The label can be added automatically when templates are added in admin, in admin/API, or not at all. There are options for underscore/hyphen replacement and capitalisation of the label. Edit template after add: when adding only a single template, the template is automatically opened for editing after it is added. Copy field contexts when cloning: this copies the field contexts (a.k.a. overrides such as column width, label and description) from the source template to the new template when using the "Duplicate/clone this template?" feature on the Advanced tab. Copy field contexts when duplicating fields: this copies the field contexts if you select the "Duplicate fields used by another template" option when adding a new template. Usage
      Install the Add Template Enhancements module.
      Configure the module settings according to what suits you.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AddTemplateEnhancements
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/add-template-enhancements/
    • By joe_ma
      On a new pw 3.0.89 installation of mine I've got a problem with role permissions. The setup is like this:
      Templates: home, basic-page, text-only, folder
      All of these have no restrictions in the "family" section and all of them have the same access definitions (see edit-template.jpg below)
      There is a role "redaktor" that has permission to edit, add, delete, move and also clone pages (see permissions.jpg below).
      Now, when logged in as a user with this role, I can only choose from basic-page and folder. The text-only template is not available.

• By Robin S
      Remove Blocks
      A textformatter module for ProcessWire that removes blocks of text/markup between configurable delimiters from output. This allows you to "comment out" blocks of text/markup so they remain present in the field but are not shown in the front-end output.
      This can be handy if content needs to be removed temporarily and will later be reinstated. Or you could use a commented block as a placeholder to indicate to an editor where some content should be added.
      Installation
      Install the Remove Blocks module.
      Configure the open and close delimiters if needed. The default open delimiter is {{ and the default close delimiter is }}. Tip: don't use delimiter characters that CKEditor will encode to HTML entities, e.g. >.
      Usage
      Add the Remove Blocks textformatter to one or more fields.
      Add the open and close delimiters around any content that you want to be removed from output.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/TextformatterRemoveBlocks
      http://modules.processwire.com/modules/textformatter-remove-blocks/
    • By EyeDentify
      I as have been a bit confused for some time about how the "Markup Regions" functionality in Processwire worked.
      But i have know read a bit more and think that i am getting to grips with it. And Markup Regions is going to be huge.

To aid me in understanding Markup Regions better i started to read the Source code for the new "Regular" theme in conjunction with the Blog about the markup regions.
      It helped me a great deal to understand the basics and more fine details of it.

A tip is to open both links and use the Source code of the "Regular" theme while reading the blog post.

The Source code:
      https://github.com/processwire/processwire/blob/dev/site-regular/templates/_main.php
      The Blog post:
      https://processwire.com/blog/posts/processwire-3.0.62-and-more-on-markup-regions/

I hope this could help others starting out with markup regions.
      Just take it slow and read it a couple a times and soon you will see the greatness of markup regions.

/EyeDentify