How to simplify Templates for long blogposts

howdytom

What is the best to way to structure my PW Template for long blogposts with repeating text paragraphs, images and custom code? I am looking for a flexible solution to add and rearrange text or images. A blogpost looks always different:

--TEXT PARAGRAPH (CKEditor)
--CUSTOM CODE FIELD

Here's what I came up with so far...
1. One approach could be using CKEditor along with ckeditor config.autoGrow. However I don't like the idea to add all content into one giant textfield and with one looooong  scrollbar.
2. Repeater module seems to be the right choice. But text and image fields are always bundled within the repeater, even when no text field is required. Editing long post could be really confusing. 
3. ProFields and Repeater Matrix looks like the right solution I am looking for. According to the ProFields description it is possible to add, combine, arrange different fields in one Repeater. Is that correct?

Thank you for any help. 

Definitely go with Repeater Matrix. It's worth every cent. Plus, ProFields has lots of other items you'll find helpful. You'll reduce development time drastically, and your client will enjoy the ease of use and flexibility.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...