Wireframe

teppo

9 hours ago, adrian said:

@teppo - that looks to have fixed that issue. Something else I have just noticed is this when viewing the Wirefame module settings, although this probably isn't PHP 8 related.

image.thumb.png.85362985d3b7da762a68dc9234ad0590.png

Thanks — this is now fixed as well ?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good day, @teppo!

There is a rather empty Patterns and practices section in the docs. I got a suggestion for what to put there. Or should it be in examples? Anyway...

Could you describe how does the template with a controller handle get variables and/or url segments? I do not quite understand that, as I have no prior experience with general purpose frameworks.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

@teppo

Hi and thanks for the great tool!

Have a small issue with $persistent_cache_name in the current implementation it's not language-aware. Maybe it worth changing it to something like

$persistent_cache_name = 'Wireframe/MethodProp'
  . '/' . $context
  . '/' . static::class
  . '/' . $name
  . '/' . $this->wire('page');

if($this->wire()->modules->isInstalled("LanguageSupport")) {
  $current_language = $this->wire()->user->language;
  $default_language = $this->wire()->languages->getDefault();

if ($current_language !== $default_language) {
    $persistent_cache_name .= . '/' . $current_language->id;
  }
}

or even move out to a separate hookable method, so we can tune names if needed. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mats said:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Class 'Wireframe' not found in site/templates/layouts/default.php:12

That's a strange one. A couple of checks first:

• Does your layout file include the ProcessWire namespace? If not, you'd have to call it via \ProcessWire\Wireframe (though adding namespace is always a good idea).
  • Which version of Wireframe do you have installed?

• Like 1

No, the layout did not include the ProcessWire namespace. I will try that.  

The version is 0.20.2

The namespace solved it. Was pretty sure i tested that, but must have missed it.

Thanks Teppo!

• Like 1

Version 0.21.0 released:

### Added
- Hookable method MethodPropsTrait::getMethodPropCacheName(string $name, string $context). Note that when hooking into this method one should refer to the object that implements the trait, such as a specific Controller class.

### Changed
- Include language ID in persistent cache name generated by MethodPropsTrait for cacheable methods.

@Zeka, thanks for bringing the lack of multi-language support for cache names up. While testing I noticed that a site I've been working on recently was in fact also affected. Not a huge deal in this case but it could've caused some confusion.

For the record: I ended up just adding the language ID to the key. If LanguageSupport is not installed it'll be a blank value, but that doesn't really matter ?

• Like 2

@teppo Thanks for the update.

I'm migrating a live site to the Wireframe and I need to set altFilename to wireframe for specific templates on the runtime via hook or somehow else only for superuser role. 

Is there is a way to do that? 

To be honest I've never attempted anything like that ?

Just did a quick test and something along these lines might work — though I'd highly recommend testing first in a non-production environment:

if ($user->isSuperuser()) {
    $wire->addHookBefore('ProcessPageView::execute', function(HookEvent $event) {
	    foreach ($event->templates->find('name!=admin') as $template) {
            $template->filename = 'wireframe.php';
	    }
        $event->removeHook(null);
    });
}

Note: you don't want to set altFilename specifically. I'm not too familiar with how this actually works, but I just tried that, and it seems that ProcessWire is quite keen to save said value (persistently). Managed to break one of my local test sites ?

(Based on a quick test setting filename seems less problematic.)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm using the Searchengine module along with Wireframe. When trying to set the view for the ajax return it seems that the default view is called instead. When i add mark up to the default view it shows up in the json.

if ($this->wire('config')->ajax) {
            // Respond AJAX query with JSON search results.
            $this->view->setLayout(null)->setView('json');
            header('Content-Type: application/json');
            // Return results as JSON.
            $json = $searchEngine->renderResultsJSON([
                'results_json_fields' => [
                    'title' => 'title',
                    'desc' => 'summary',
                    'url' => 'url',
                    'parent' => 'parent.title',
                    'template' => 'template.name',
                    'image' => 'pris_strl_nr_repeater.first.images.first.url',
                    'price' => 'pris_strl_nr_repeater.first.pris'
                ],
                'results_json_options' => JSON_PRETTY_PRINT,
            ]);
            return $json;

} else {

// Render search form and results.
            return $searchEngine->render();
        }

Hey @Mats!

Just gave this a try by dropping your code into Search template controller class init method (SearchController::init()) and in my case it worked right out of the box. Where did you place the code? And, just in case, which versions of Wireframe and SearchEngine do you have installed?

In case requested view doesn't exist Wireframe should fall back to the default one (a behaviour I'm no longer entirely sure makes sense, but it's been like that since beginning, so not sure I want to change it either...) so you should also make sure that there definitely is a json.php view file for this template.

On 7/27/2021 at 10:19 PM, Mats said:

I used the code in a search function like you do in the Wireframe docs site.

Following up on this: after taking a look at that example I've realized that... it doesn't work. Thanks for pointing this out — I should probably fix it to avoid any further confusion ?

In this case the search method of the controller class disables layout and attempts to change the view. First one is doable (layout is rendered after the view), but the second one isn't, since at this point we've already rendered the view (search method is called in the view, after all). Instead this should be done in the init method (triggered as soon as a controller class is loaded) or the render method (triggered when a page using that controller gets rendered). The distinction between init and render usually doesn't matter ?

• Like 1

Hi @teppo!

I'm trying to use Ryans Functional field on a Wireframe site like this in the home view: 

<?= __text('Email') ?>

But i get an error:

#0 wire/core/TemplateFile.php (327): require()
#1 site/modules/Wireframe/lib/View.php (84): TemplateFile->___render()
#2 wire/core/Wire.php (414): Wireframe\View->___render()
#3 wire/core/WireHooks.php (951): Wire->_callMethod('___render', Array)
#4 wire/core/Wire.php (485): WireHooks->runHooks(Object(Wireframe\View), 'render', Array)
#5 site/modules/Wireframe/Wireframe.module.php(799): Wire->__call('render', Array)
#6 wire/core/Wire.php (417): Wireframe->___render(Array)
#7 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/stellankram (line 19 of site/templates/views/home/default.php)

Do you have any ideas how to get the Functional fieldtype working with Wireframe?

/Mats 

Hey @Mats!

The error itself is not visible there, just the trace, but first things first: did you follow the instructions in the Functional Fields README?

Asking because I just tried this fieldtype for the first time, and was a bit confused at first: I was too hasty and jumped directly to the "using" part of the blog post, where it seemed to suggest that you can just start using __text() etc. in your template files, while in reality you'll need to create a functional field before that or the functions won't work at all. Without a field the fieldtype file won't be loaded, which also means that the functions.php file won't be loaded, and thus __text() etc. will be undefined.

Anyway, let me know if this wasn't the issue. In my quick test the fieldtype seemed to render at least, but I don't have much experience with it otherwise ?

Right, here is the error: 

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function __text() in site/templates/views/home/default.php

I have created and added the field to the template.

When i call the field with $page->myfuncfield it outputs FunctionalWireData.

2 hours ago, Mats said:

Right, here is the error: 

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function __text() in site/templates/views/home/default.php

I have created and added the field to the template.

When i call the field with $page->myfuncfield it outputs FunctionalWireData.

We can rule the missing field issue out, so next question: does your view file have the ProcessWire namespace?

If not, try adding it. Or refer to the __text() method as \ProcessWire\__text().

• Like 1

This solved it: \ProcessWire\__text(' Your email', 'email');

I tried to add namespace ProcessWire earlier but got an error that it had to be added at the beginning of the file. 

Thanks @teppo!

Edit: Seems like the field doesn't show up in the editor. The field (label is showing) is there but no field to edit. 

9 hours ago, Mats said:

This solved it: \ProcessWire\__text(' Your email', 'email');

I tried to add namespace ProcessWire earlier but got an error that it had to be added at the beginning of the file.

That's a strange one, unless of course the namespace declaration wasn't the very first thing in the file, right after the first PHP open tag. It should work fine in view files — in fact I always add the namespace to view files, just in case ?

Calling the method via ProcessWire namespace is fine, just a bit verbose.

9 hours ago, Mats said:

Edit: Seems like the field doesn't show up in the editor. The field (label is showing) is there but no field to edit. 

My guess: you'll have to modify the "file mode" setting of the functional field, selecting your view file(s) there. By default functional fields is set to look for function calls from the template file, which means that it won't show up in the editor if it's placed in any other file, including files included/required from the template file etc.

Actually I have exactly the same problem. Seems to be a quite new bug as it works on all old pages but I get the error message the moment I create a new one... There are ALWAYS problems with this paid modules, probably to force us to pay the access fee to this forum. As much as I loved processwire in the beginning (buying almost all pro modules) the much I started to hate it...

• teppo pinned this topic
  • teppo locked this topic