Autocomplete Module Class Name

Robin S

After forgetting the class name of the wonderful AdminPageFieldEditLinks module for what feels like the 100th time I decided I needed to give my failing memory a helping hand...

Autocomplete Module Class Name

Provides class name autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From Directory" and "Add Module From URL" fields at Modules > New.

Requires ProcessWire >= v3.0.16.

Screencast

Screencast

Installation

Install the Autocomplete Module Class Name module.

Configuration

Add Module From Directory

• Choose the type of autocomplete suggestions list: "Module class names from directory" or "Custom list of module class names". The latter could be useful if you regularly install some modules and would prefer a shorter list of autocomplete suggestions.
  • The list of class names in the modules directory is generated when the Autocomplete Module Class Name module is installed. It doesn't update automatically (because the retrieval of the class names is quite slow), but you can use the button underneath when you want to retrieve an updated list of class names from the directory.

Add Module From URL

• If you want to see autocomplete suggestions for the "Add Module From URL" field then enter them in the following format:
    [autocomplete suggestion] > [module ZIP url]
    Example: RepeaterImages > https://github.com/Toutouwai/RepeaterImages/archive/master.zip

Awesomplete options

• The "fuzzy search" option uses custom filter and item functions for Awesomplete so that the characters you type just have to exist in the autocomplete suggestion item and occur after preceding matches but do not need to be contiguous. Uncheck this option if you prefer the standard Awesomplete matching.
  • Custom settings for Awesomplete can be entered in the "Awesomplete options" field if needed. See the Awesomplete documentation for more information.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutocompleteModuleClassName
https://modules.processwire.com/modules/autocomplete-module-class-name/

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gideon So said:

Imho, This functionality really should be in the core

I don't know how many times I write ProcessDatabaseBackup just to find out it needs to be plural. 

• Haha 1

@Robin S really really nice would be, if we can load a custom list with names AND optionally individual download URLs, so that we also can include modules that are not in the official directory.

Priority: If a module is selected that has a individual download URL, paste it into the "Add Module From URL" field.

screen-module-loading.png.22515e1cbc36de123a31d59e6a2ab3fb.png

What do you think?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Robin S said:

I have implemented your request in v0.1.1 as a separate autocomplete on the "Add Module From URL" field.

Looks really good! Many thanks!

Can‘t wait to arrive into my office and setup my list and add all to my starter profile. Really great! ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...