Firefox - recent (unasked) newsletters

wbmnfktr

Do you guys receive (unwanted) newsletters from Mozilla/Firefox as well?

1438496167_2019-06-1823_04_01.thumb.png.78c2e3ba6c80233a69b950ef6b5d72a0.png

For a couple of weeks now Firefox seems to push their new Premium version to those who use their sync-service. I tried to unsubscribe a few times but... it doesn't work. ? 

I don't get any letters, but I had deleted my FF-Sync Account because I got doomed by their expired Cert for AddOns. First it deleted my local AddOns and then "uploaded" it to my Sync-Account, what in fact deleted all AddOns there too.

For me it was the drop that broke the camel's back. I switched to Opera and there are now only two points of 20+ left which I haven't solved to my satisfaction in Opera yet. 
In some regards Opera even is a better tool then FF. I really liked it after two weeks using.

It seems that this has caused, among other things, a great loss of trust or resentment, which may have led to reduced user numbers. I still use the FF to test websites in the FF, but for nothing else.

• Like 1

Firefox has some nice features while debugging grid layouts. At least they feel more solid than those in Chrome.

I use Opera once in a while but only for very basic tasks. Somehow it feels clunky and slow.

While Chrome was my daily driver for a long time I recently started using the Brave browser for casual browsing.

For now I tried to unsubscribe again and added those mails to the Spam list in Gmail. Maybe this helps.

• Like 2