Strong Customer Authentication - Stripe Update

Marco Ro

A few days ago I received an e-mail from Stripe where he said that by the 14th of September, two-factor authentication should be implemented for online payments. --> article

I seem to understand that for the module ecommere here on PW we need to update the API. They sent me to this page: here
Or other possibility is to use the new version of Stripe's checkout, at this link.

I wanted to ask if someone has plans to update the module?

------

@kongondo, probably you already know, but anyway for the new version of Padloper this could be interesting.

• Like 1

I will look into updating the Payment modules to use latest Stripe libraries. Other than that this change shouldn't require any changes for webshops and websites using payment modules, since that authentication is done between stripe and payment processors (banks, cc companies etc).

• Like 2

On 6/14/2019 at 2:27 PM, MarcoPLY said:

probably you already know, but anyway for the new version of Padloper this could be interesting.

Thanks @MarcoPLY. Yes, I was already aware of it but it is great of you to bring it up like this for the benefit of everyone else.

• Like 2

I've been working on this a looks like it WILL require a change, as it now requires you update your payment journey to use PaymentIntentions, e.g. setting a intent to pay at the beginning of any payment checkout before actually requesting card information, address, email etc etc...

I'm currently having to do this for my clients and adding support for Stripe Elements. Love this to be robust butI'm simply not a very good backend dev so muddling through it. Will release what I have when it's done hopefully in a week.

• Like 4

OK done some digging and found this absolutely stupid thing in their API: intents work with StripeElements menaing you can create a payment intent and supply that intent id to a form to start taking the payment, you can then use their API to step through the payment process using the language of your choice (pretty much) – I'm looking to implement both a PHP and JS implementation into my module. HOWEVER: if you want to use the cross browser payments button (e.g. pay with apply pay, google pay) then you have to create a new payment request to that js api, e.g. doesnt work with your pre-authed intent id... I've taken this up with them and they say:

"Unfortunately, this is not possible at this time, but it is very good feedback for us, and we'll consider it for the future."

I consider this a massive oversight as surely the payment intents arethe beginning of ANY interaction with the StripAPI, in this case not. Anyway, will continue to work on this one to implement as much as possible.

• Like 2

Module's currently operating with this basic functionality:

• Take credit card details and confirm with Stripe
  • Add js styling in moudles settings for Stripe Elements Form. So you can change how the form is displayed.
  • On return -> POST successful transaction id, name and email to relative url of your choice

Things I'm looking to add:

• Ability to POST successful values via AJAX to relative url of your choice.
  • Add CrossBrowserButton functionality - e.g. pay with apple pay button
  • Option to disable CrossBrowserButton if not required
  • Save Stripe Intent variables in session to be accessed by templates e.g. save amount, and currency in session to be used by module and / or template. Need to do something like this anyway as Stripe CrossBrowserButton doesn't take the same Intent information (see previous post ☝️).
  • Integration of module with PaymentModule - quite a bit of duplication currently here, so need to do some work to string the new module closer to payments module.

Let me know what else might be useful?!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @benbyf, first thank you for your work.

I try to use the module. When I install the module in the checkout instead of the button there is only write "nothing here yet". What mean?
I have just copy the setting from the old module, the key and filled the other info. Is there anything I need to do?

Update:

I see, there isn't yet the render function.

ok @benbyf, thank you I see now. I need make a template to use the module. 

I use the Padloper, in this case the render method could be better.  
I see that I have to set up all the information about customer and products, so, I have to include the Padloper Module and use the $order data. But, If I can pass all the data how I can render the form?

(I'll try but honestly I don't think I'm able to integrate the two modules. I hope the old stripe module still works after the Stripe changes)

Thank you

I can look at getting them more closely integrated when I’m back next week from holidays.

I’ve not used the padloper module and tbh it might be better that they integrate it or do their own as I’m not selling this as a premium module, just my own version of the new Stripe Intents API

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a quick look and they're very similar. I'm using:

$intent = $payment->paymentCheckout($description);

Instead of $payment->render();

The $intent variable then returns an array of the [0] Stripe form and [1] Intent Id. https://github.com/benbyford/PaymentStripeIntents/blob/master/PaymentStripeIntents.module#L138

This is because you may want to store only the Intent or just the form. Like to spend some more time with this module soon, so there will probably better Readme and additions soon.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi, Stripe ask me to add the new version with the SCA: "To avoid waste, upgrade to a product with SCA such as the new version of Stripe Checkout, Billing, the Payment Intents API or to a partner solution that is compliant with the SCA."

At the moment, however, there are no declined payments. But anyway, currently our modules do not have it. Can it be added ?
@benbyf Does the module you created create it? if yes, next week i will do some tests.

Those are the link stripe give me:

• Link to the Documentation --> Link
  • Link to the article --> Link