User Login with Office 365

joer80

1 hour ago, BitPoet said:

Haven't done it, but since Office 365 uses Azure with SAML as authentication protocol, the SamlAuth module might work.

I've used this on a couple of projects to authenticate against Azure, and can definitely recommend it. Getting the config right can be a bit tedious, but other than that it's a no-brainer, and the module does all the heavy lifting for you ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, teppo said:

I've used this on a couple of projects to authenticate against Azure, and can definitely recommend it. Getting the config right can be a bit tedious, but other than that it's a no-brainer, and the module does all the heavy lifting for you ?

They use office 365 online for email.  Is that enough or do I need to launch a vm with azure?

2 minutes ago, joer80 said:

They use office 365 online for email.  Is that enough or do I need to launch a vm with azure?

"Office 365 uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user identities behind the scenes. Your Office 365 subscription includes a free subscription to Azure AD so that you can integrate Office 365 with Azure AD if you want to sync passwords or set up single sign-on with your on-premises environment. You can also buy advanced features to better manage your accounts."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/azure-integration

I've never actually set up things from the scratch on the Azure / O365 side myself, but it definitely sounds like it should be enough. The usual process involves setting up an app on the Azure side, so I'd look into that first – preferably you should ask someone (sysadmin, IT support, etc.) from the client to set this up, or at least help with it ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teppo said:

"Office 365 uses Azure Active Directory (Azure AD) to manage user identities behind the scenes. Your Office 365 subscription includes a free subscription to Azure AD so that you can integrate Office 365 with Azure AD if you want to sync passwords or set up single sign-on with your on-premises environment. You can also buy advanced features to better manage your accounts."

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/azure-integration

I've never actually set up things from the scratch on the Azure / O365 side myself, but it definitely sounds like it should be enough. The usual process involves setting up an app on the Azure side, so I'd look into that first – preferably you should ask someone (sysadmin, IT support, etc.) from the client to set this up, or at least help with it ?

That helps!  It sounds like I need to get access to their Azure Active Directory and not their 365 account.

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hi,

A bit delayed answer and maybe you have already solved this but for others.

There's always Azure AD behind Office 365 tenant and if you have global administrator privilege you can log in to https://portal.azure.com.

I'm only tested integration to Azure with custom PHP code but I don't remember did I have to create app or did I manage to use MS REST API without that. I was just playing around Exchange Online then.