Page permissions for editor

jacmaes

I'm confused by how PW handles user permissions. I have created a user role of editor with the following permissions: edit, view and update profile.

This is an events website where the editor should be able to add and edit events and cities, but not other pages such as categories that are set once and for all. This is my page tree for the editor:

post-192-0-09284400-1353244605_thumb.png

There are a few problems here:

1. The editor should not be able to create new categories ("categorías")
  2. The editor should not be able to create other pages at the top level, i.e. there should be no "new" next to "Inicio"

The "edit" and "view" permissions are all fine. For example, they should only be able to view the categories, and it works as expected. But it's the page creation permissions that I do not understand. This is the access tab in my "categories" template:

post-192-0-46506600-1353244123_thumb.png

In this setup, the editor should not be able to create pages, but it seems to apply only to the children of that template. If I undertand correctly, the page permissions are inherited from the home template, and for the editor to be able to create new events and add cities, I had to tick all the checkboxes (view, edit, create and add children) in the home template for the editor:

post-192-0-60623600-1353245371_thumb.png

What am I doing wrong here? Or is this kind of fine-grained control not possible currently with PW?

home template unchack all for.editor .[ leaves only view ]

catagories template set no to manages access

events template set yes to manages access and chack.box to add childrens [ for editor ]

event-item template set yes.to manages access and chack box to create pages [ for editor ]