Solved: Uploading images not working

formmailer

Hi,

I have a strange problem: I moved a site from my testserver (Xammp on Windows) to my live server (Linux with Apache) and made sure all file permissions are correct. Everything works fine except uploading images. What happens is that the progress bar goes up to 100% and then it disappears. The image doesn't get uploaded.

I double checked all permissions with another site running on the same server, but couldn't find any differences. The other site has no problems with uploading.

Any ideas?

/Jasper

Same thing happened to me, and the problem was the GD library. I reinstalled it and everything was fine.

But it works for another site on the same server, can it still be the GD library?

I just removed the domain and all it's configuration, and re-created it, but still no luck.

@Diogo: The images are not in the /assets/files/<page-id> folder on the server.

@Apeisa: I am not sure if this is what you meant, but using Firebug with the script-console activated I see the following response:

{"error":false,"message":"Page not saved (no changes)"}

/Jasper

But it works for another site on the same server, can it still be the GD library?

Sounds very unlikely.

I just removed the domain and all it's configuration, and re-created it, but still no luck.

Could you provide us some information about how things work in the server end; what configuration settings does each site have? Also: is there a possibility that file upload related PHP settings (such as temp dir, upload_max_filesize or max_file_uploads) could be site-specific?

And one more thing: have you tried watching Apache error log while doing uploads -- does anything strange show up there?

I finally found it (and should have found it right away :( ). This domain (created by Plesk) had PHP safe_mode activated and safe_mode was deactivated on all the other domains running PW. When I disabled safe_mode everything worked fine.

Sorry for bothering you guys.

/Jasper

• Like 2