NorbertH

Looking for a backend template/theme whith less spaces between elements.

As we are building some webapplications with the PW backend , having those really big spacings between all field elements in forms and everywhere is not too practical. 

UI Kit already has less spacings between all elements than Bootstrap for example , but i am looking fore a more condensed BE Theme.  Maybe someone already made something like that?

• Like 1

Are you aware that you can fully rewrite the UIKit admin theme? Just copy the wire/modules/AdminThemeUikit folder to site/modules/. The next time you load a page in the backend, PW will ask you which version you'd like to use. You can even choose if you'd like to use SASS or LESS, iirc.

If that's overkill for you, you can just override paddings and margins if you write / load an extra admin.css.

But the first thing you should consider, is to simply configure the admin theme via GUI @ site/backend/module/edit?name=AdminThemeUikit&collapse_info=1

And of course, PW lets you define borders, paddings, margins and background-colors on a per-field basis.

• Like 5

@NorbertH you could give a try to a theme I made but still not released: https://github.com/flydev-fr/AdminThemeGitKit

Still not finished but already cool. To make the theme more condensed, in the theme settings, you can use the following options :

- Layout + Interface > Inputfield column width > Select option B (percentage-based)

- Forms + Input > Select option Small

- Primary CSS file should be set to :  site/modules/AdminThemeGitKit/uikit/dist/css/uikit.git.min.css

Feedbacks welcome 🙂

• Like 2

@flydev could you please share some screenshots or screencasts?

@NorbertH did you try my module? It's exactly built for such backend modifications without having to build a whole new admin theme (and I'd be happy to have a more condensed version as well, but CSS is not my strongest skill):

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Liam88
      Hi all,
      Quick question as I haven't found anything from my Googling. 
      I have a blog on the site which utilises pagination. On the standard blog page I have a custom header which has featured posts.
      Below that I then have recent posts like mosts blogs.
      Now if i click to page two or three I want the header to disappear and just show a continuation of the standard posts.
      I'm not sure how to go about this so any direction would be helpful.
      Thanks
    • By VeiJari
      Hello, our customer doesn't like the fact that they have to first add a title and then add the other info in the form. Therefore, we've enabled the way to skip this by making a temporary file before saving.
      But the problem is that by using module schedulepages in this piece of code in the module:  
      if (!$page->isNew() && $page->publishable() && $page->isChanged('status') && $page->is(Page::statusUnpublished) && $page->publish_from) {
                  $this->session->error($this->_("“Publish From Date” field was cleared to prevent the page from being unintentionally re-published on the next Lazy Cron run."));
                  $page->publish_from = null;
                  $page->save('publish_from');
              }
      it fires even with the temporary file and therefore after first save it resets the publish_from field. Is there a way to check if template is temporary, or something along those lines?
      One solution is just to ask the customer to first save the form after adding a title, but I don't see that as a good solution.
    • By angelo, italy
      Hi guys... I love pw!
      I'm trying to update a template of the multilanguagge website. I created a field, i called it "headimage" and I added it to the home template. .. . But I can t see any image!!! Where is the issue??
      Thanks
      my friends

• By JeevanisM
      Hi All,
      I am trying to build a PW website upon the  HTML design as shown here : https://bit.ly/2HxZbwr
      As you can see,  I use a repeated block to display a divider between sections on the page, its an image background-text on top. The screenshot is here :
      Now, I created a new field for this block content and attach that field to my Home Page template. But in HTML design, I used this block in two places, on on top side, and one on the footer. Now, when I do it in PW, can I use one same field multiple times in a single page template ? I have read this thread about using fields in efficient way, but I could not figure out, how to use same field multiple times in a page template.

I hope I did not confused any one with my query, please let me know the correct PW way to achieve  this.

thanks
      Jeevz

• By louisstephens
      Hopefully this is the right place, if not, please move it to the proper sub. I installed the multi language module on my development (sandbox) set up not too long ago to test out a few things. From the start, I ran into some issues with dependencies not being met/installed, so I thought that I would simply just uninstall what had been. Unfortunately, that took me down a road of using some code in my home template to remove the modules (cant find it at the moment). After some struggling, I finally got it uninstalled, but it left behind 3 fields,
      language language_files language_files_site I thought that I could simply remove them from the languages template and then delete them, but I get the following error:

I was wondering, is there a way to remove these using the api? I couldn't add any new users to the setup until I made "language" not required, but I was hoping to just remove all of the fields.