SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire

Gadgetto

On 7/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, michelangelo said:

Actually, I got one now because I am using Polish Złoty which is not parsed correctly so I get this message:

88978051_Screenshot2020-07-24at20_33_51.png.7d24379969e47bd204ddaa8c4cab283c.png2119891500_Screenshot2020-07-24at20_34_12.png.b0dc9b89746444cc6c6a07e0021ccd89.png

I suppose that this comes from the Snipcart API, but then there it is formatted well... Is it because it doesn't have a currency symbol but just letters (pl)?

Hi @michelangelo, could you please post bug reports on GitHub: https://github.com/gadgetto/SnipWire/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue

And please include the complete configuration of your currency (screenshot?) from within Snipcart.

Questions and suggestions regarding SnipWire are OK here, but it's very hard to follow bug reports in this forum...

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

SnipWire will support Snipcart API V3 when it’s feature complete. There are only a few left so I think it wont last long until we can start migrating SnipWire to API V3.

Currently missing features:

• Recurring subscriptions
  • Discounts by an alternate price list
  • Custom validation

Yeah thanks, found that already at snipcart website. Can't wait to use your module, end of the year i want to relaunch a client website using this module for course subscriptions. Would be great if recurring subscriptions will be finished then and i can build this site without jQuery ?

• 4 weeks later...

@Gadgetto I submitted an issue on github with the accompanying images. A bit late but better than never I suppose...

I closed the issue as I realised I just had to add the specific currency field to my template... I don't know why I assumed SnipWire is converting all the currency based on the initial one. ?‍♂️ Anyways, it's all good now.

Edited by michelangelo
fixed the problem
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'm having troubles with the taxes in SnipWire. Here's what how I set it up

I put the net-price in the product price field

In SnipWire settings I selected:
Taxes Provider: Integrated (SnipWire) (not sure about this)
Taxes included in prices: false
Taxes configuration: Tax name: vat_10, Rate: 0.10, Shipping: false (not sure about this)
Shipping Taxes Handling: Apply a fixed tax rate (not sure about this)

in snipcart_item_taxes field settings:
which types of taxes should be listed as options? Product taxes

With these setting, the select-field snipcart_item_taxes doesn't show any options.
Nothing seems to change anything, except when I change the types of taxes in the field setting to shipping taxes (or all types) which I find quite confusing. If I try that though, the taxes still don't apply to the products. Not on the product directly before adding to the basket – which it should – nor in the basket before returning the total sum. 

In the snipcart.com account I can also see the 0.10 tax rate for products somewhere but that doesn't change anything either. 

To my understanding, the poduct itself should be taxed and the shipping should be taxed as well, with or without the same rate, I'm not sure. As of now, I don't see any.

Is that one of those things that will only work when the shop is live? Because I actually have a local and a live installation in development, both don't do as they should.

I recently tried to install v3 of SnipWire, but that caused a lot of issues, one of which was/is the price format which didn't allow for commas as decimal separator thus multiplying the prices by 100. I changed the version back to v2 but the wrong prices persist in the snipcart.com-account indexed products and I can't seem to re-index the prices. Not sure if that issue is related.

Thanks for help!

Hi,

PW version 3.0.169
php version 7.3
SnipWire version 0.8.7

The site is in test mode.

I got the tipp from snipcart.com support to use v3, I only then realised from reading the forums that it's not supported yet so I undid the changes to return to v2 but the price problem persists.

Thanks!

Hello everybody,
anybody had any problem with credit cards not showing up on check out?

Everything was working fine and I am at the end of the project. But when launched into Live with set up credit card on the seller's side and Paypal, the shopping cart directly sends me to the PayPal. I cannot choose any credit card option. On the back-end of Snipwire I see the three default options Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, but nothing shows up...

Any ideas? Thank you!

Hello everybody,

Everything was working fine and I am at the end of the project. But when launched into Live with set up credit card on the seller's side and Paypal, the shopping cart directly sends me to the PayPal. I cannot choose any credit card option. On the back-end of Snipwire I see the three default options Visa, MasterCard, Maestro, but nothing shows up...

Any ideas? Thank you!

p.s. @Gadgetto sorry for spamming, I thought I can delete my previous post, but I couldn't maybe somebody else can

1 hour ago, michelangelo said:

Hello everybody,

Any ideas? Thank you!

p.s. @Gadgetto sorry for spamming, I thought I can delete my previous post, but I couldn't maybe somebody else can

Sorry, I don't know why it's not working for you. I can't reproduce this problem. I tried it in 2 different installations and it works like expected. As I understand, it works in Test environment and when you switch to Live in Snipcart it doesn't!?

Did you check all settings on Snipcart side? Which payment gateway did you configure in Snipcart?

I am checking all the settings now, but I cannot figure what could've gone wrong. I set up an express Paypal gateway. I tried to disable it but I cannot really, I just entered wrong paypal but still sends me directly there.

I tried it in TEST mode and it works properly...

I also see that my client has entered their card but I cannot be sure if it is proper. It says 'Name on card: visa'. Maybe they didn't fill it in correctly and that's why Snipcart doesn't let the user pay to it?

Update: I added a new card. Now I can pay with card but it always sends me to this PayPal page, so I guess it's all fine.
1295358041_Screenshot2020-12-10at19_23_50.thumb.jpg.780798488a73fc39418905c3a6731a8d.jpg

I just expected it to look something like this:
509197603_Screenshot2020-12-10at19_26_17.jpg.cff9f202a0935f6a34b2ee63c3af3848.jpg

@Gadgetto can you just confirm if that is what you see usually in LIVE too?

1 hour ago, michelangelo said:

Thank you, sorry for wasting your time with this!

No problem. Snipcart’s behavior is a little bit weird in some places. I’ll need to add some hints in module settings to make it more clear.

@Gadgetto That might help! I think in general more thorough documentation will really help people, but I can understand that's quite a lot to do.

For example, I am not super sure how Snipcart parses all the information from the $anchor variable output by SnipWire?

I want to update the price based on a bundle of products by using prices and discounts directly from the Snipcart API:

1463763190_Screenshot2020-12-11at11_05_39.jpg.afbbf8e893e00604dbabf5116364c6ca.jpg

So when you go up or down the grams, it will already update the price on the right (also adding the discounts if any).
1g = €50
2g = €90
3g = €130, etc

Now do I access directly Snipcart with its own api or I change the cart by SnipWire?
This:

Snipcart.api.items.add({
    "id": "mineral",
    "name": "Mineral",
    "price": "50.00",
    "quantity": 1, // change this value to update the cart?
});

or this:

<button class="snipcart-add-item" 
        title="Add to cart" 
        aria-label="Add item to cart" 
        data-item-name="Mineral" 
        data-item-id="mineral" 
        data-item-price="{eur: 50.00}" 
        data-item-quantity="1", <!-- change this value to update the cart? -->
Add to cart</button>

I would like to keep it simple and clean.

Last but not least Thank You for all your work, it is a massive help!

Hello everyone,
I was curious to know if there is a way to access discounts from SnipWire? I would need it to recalculate the price on the front-end based on the quantity of items.

Thank you!

p.s. I know I have been posting a lot, but it's my first time using SnipWire and Snipcart so much. Thanks for the understanding.

On 12/18/2020 at 11:11 AM, michelangelo said:

Hello everyone,
I was curious to know if there is a way to access discounts from SnipWire? I would need it to recalculate the price on the front-end based on the quantity of items.

This is not yet supported by SnipWire directly. I first need to create a special field type which offers alternate price list creation. This feature is already on my todo list!

• Like 1

@Gadgetto or anyone else who uses Snipcart to build stores for their clients: How do you justify the extra cost (minimum monthly fee / transaction fee) to clients over free solutions such as Padloper? I'd love to use Snipcart with your integration but given the choice clients go with a free to run system.

Sorry this is not a technical question but thought you regularly work with Snipcart if you took the time and effort to develop such a deep integration.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jozsef said:

@Gadgetto or anyone else who uses Snipcart to build stores for their clients: How do you justify the extra cost (minimum monthly fee / transaction fee) to clients over free solutions such as Padloper? I'd love to use Snipcart with your integration but given the choice clients go with a free to run system.

Sorry this is not a technical question but thought you regularly work with Snipcart if you took the time and effort to develop such a deep integration.

Hi @Jozsef Snipcart is definitely not for everyone. We use it for customers who need to launch their store very fast and don't have a lot of products.

Are you sure that other free/open source solutions are really free? We have developed some e-commerces sites in the past and the cost of setup and integration of those open source shop systems are very high. And 3 out of 5 shop systems we tested had huge problems when it comes to rounding. Fixing these things cost $$$.

This quickly puts the cost of the Snipcart system into perspective.

Snipcart is a very stable system and you don't have to bother with those things as it simply works.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, I definitely do not enjoy working with those open source ecommerce systems, development is never a straight line. I will try your approach next time I have this client conversation. The funny thing is that Snipcart's fee is almost fully covered by the difference in Stripe fees between the US and the EU and it's still more competitive than Shopify.

• Like 2

Following Gadgetto's train of thought I also found out now that using a commercial solutions really saves money in the long run. I really didn't want to risk security for example, so Snipcart could be great. Otherwise there are many breakdowns of what's good and what's not and I think unless you have an extremely simple shop you will most likely need a fully-fledged system.

• Like 1