SnipWire - Snipcart integration for ProcessWire

Gadgetto

8 hours ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

I think there will be cases where custom fields will differ by product template, so the order might not be guaranteed and it's probably better to name them after their content (custom_field_size instead of custom_field_1). But how do you determine the option n° for Snipcart — if you move around the field in the template, should it keep its ID to keep order records consistent, or does that not matter as long as it's named properly?

Taking this example from Snipcart docs ...

data-item-custom1-name="Print label"
data-item-custom1-required="true"
data-item-custom2-name="Size"
data-item-custom2-options="Small|Medium|Large"
data-item-custom2-value="Medium"
data-item-custom3-name="Gift"
data-item-custom3-options="true|false"

... this could be translated to this naming convention:

snipcart-item-c-{fieldname}-{param}

(The "c" is to avoid naming collisions with existing snipcart-item fields)

snipcart-item-c-printlabel
snipcart-item-c-size
snipcart-item-c-gift

The n° option could be detected/added automatically by the field order within a template. But would this be flexible enough?

If we'd use this convention:

snipcart-item-c1-{fieldname}-{param}
snipcart-item-c2-{fieldname}-{param}
snipcart-item-c3-{fieldname}-{param}

We would block the reusability of fields in multiple templates.

1 hour ago, szabesz said:

What do you mean by saying "start with"? Is the example above a prefix or the complete fieldname?

Why not? ? 

Good question! ? Its probably the best way to have a separate "order" template. But then wouldn't I also need a separate "Order" page?

1 hour ago, Gadgetto said:

Taking this example from Snipcart docs ...

data-item-custom1-name="Print label"
data-item-custom1-required="true"
data-item-custom2-name="Size"
data-item-custom2-options="Small|Medium|Large"
data-item-custom2-value="Medium"
data-item-custom3-name="Gift"
data-item-custom3-options="true|false"

... this could be translated to this naming convention:

snipcart-item-c-{fieldname}-{param}

(The "c" is to avoid naming collisions with existing data-item fields)

snipcart-item-c-printlabel-name="Print label"
snipcart-item-c-printlabel-required="true"
snipcart-item-c-size-name="Size"
snipcart-item-c-size-options="Small|Medium|Large"
snipcart-item-c-size-value="Medium"
snipcart-item-c-gift-name="Gift"
snipcart-item-c-gift-options="true|false"

The n° option could be detected/added automatically by the field order within a template. But would this be flexible enough?

Are you sure that's the final markup? Whenever I had to use custom fields, the attribute names were kept as custom1, custom2, etc. So the example from the Snipcart docs are copy-paste and not meant to be changed to the fieldnames you have. It's of course possible that both work and Snipcart will detect the fields either way. Just checking.

This is an example from an existing shop I'm running:

<?php if ($cart_has_options): ?>
  data-item-custom1-name="<?= $cart_option_name ?>"
  data-item-custom1-options="<?= join('|', $cart_option_data) ?>"
  data-item-custom1-value="<?= $cart_option_value ?>"
<?php endif; ?>

7 hours ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

Are you sure that's the final markup? Whenever I had to use custom fields, the attribute names were kept as custom1, custom2, etc. So the example from the Snipcart docs are copy-paste and not meant to be changed to the fieldnames you have. It's of course possible that both work and Snipcart will detect the fields either way. Just checking

Sorry, I didn’t mean this as the final html markup. I meant the naming convention for PW fields.

I edited my post above.

11 hours ago, Gadgetto said:

Its probably the best way to have a separate "order" template. But then wouldn't I also need a separate "Order" page?

Each pw order page could store the data of the related extra order fields. Order pages could be saved under Admin (page id 2) > Snipcart Orders > [order#n] similar to the way PW saves repeaters "hidden" under the Admin page.

8 hours ago, szabesz said:

Each pw order page could store the data of the related extra order fields. Order pages could be saved under Admin (page id 2) > Snipcart Orders > [order#n] similar to the way PW saves repeaters "hidden" under the Admin page.

A single order template with a single order page should be enough (for handling custom order fields). Or do you mean creating a page for each order?

On 1/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, d'Hinnisdaël said:

That's what I've done in the past: create an order template with fields that I map to custom options. Also good to have the consent text editable by site editors.

Regarding "custom order fields": It seems you have some experience integrating Snipcart into PW. I'm following your suggestion by preinstalling a "snipcart-order" template and a "snipcart-order" page under Admin / Setup / SnipWire. The goal is, that an admin could add PW fields to this page which should later be mapped (or "translated") to the required Snipcart markup.

But how should a PW field look like to get the required values from? 

Here is a sample Snipcart custom order field markup (taken from @Noborus sample) which should be generated from a PW field:

data-cart-custom1-name="By checking this box, I have read and agree to the <a href=\'https://www.processwire.com\' class=\'js-real-link\' target=\'_blank\'>Terms &amp; Conditions</a>"
data-cart-custom1-options="true|false"
data-cart-custom1-required="true"

One idea is, that I simply add a Textarea field where an admin could enter the config string from above. SnipWire will then render this to the <script> tag.

BTW, in this case we wouldn't even need a template/page/field. I could simply add a Textarea to module config where these strings could be stored.

What do you think?

21 hours ago, szabesz said:

Yes I do. I thought there is "custom data" related to each order but if not, then that is a different story.

Ah, ok! Snipcart custom order fields are global and valid/used for each order/cart.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Gadgetto said:

One idea is, that I simply add a Textarea field where an admin could enter the config string from above. SnipWire will then render this to the <script> tag.

BTW, in this case we wouldn't even need a template/page/field. I could simply add a Textarea to module config where these strings could be stored.

This might just be enough, but will this work reliably with multi-language setups?

The way I've done it in the past is by creating a repeater matrix field that has a string, an integer and a bool type for creating and editing options. But you'd have to create a field on installation and the matrix module isn't free, so I guess that's out of the question?

1 hour ago, d'Hinnisdaël said:

This might just be enough, but will this work reliably with multi-language setups?

The way I've done it in the past is by creating a repeater matrix field that has a string, an integer and a bool type for creating and editing options. But you'd have to create a field on installation and the matrix module isn't free, so I guess that's out of the question?

Yep, multi-language will require to use PW fields (at least to keep things simple). So I’ll stay with installing a cart template and a cart page where admins could add their custom cart fields. In the first version, I’ll solve this with a textarea field where the custom field config can be stored as is.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Gadgetto said:

Yep, multi-language will require to use PW fields (at least to keep things simple). So I’ll stay with installing a cart template and a cart page where admins could add their custom cart fields. In the first version, I’ll solve this with a textarea field where the custom field config can be stored as is.

Sounds about right. Unfortunately, I've been too busy to try out the module properly and give more useful feedback ?

UPDATE 2020-01-28

I just added the Snipcart "Custom Order Fields" feature!

Thank's @Noboru & @d'Hinnisdaël & @szabesz for your help and hints!

Custom order fields can be added/configured by editing a hidden config page under Admin > Setup > SnipWire > Custom Cart Fields.
The corresponding template/page/field resources are preinstalled by SnipWire installer. If you update to the new module versions, those resources will be added too!

1913208257_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-28um17_09_12.thumb.png.8845f692a8f2628b6991b9ca0a43e6a6.png

The config page has a single textarea field where you can add the configuration strings for your custom cart fields:
(multi language support is also available)

2020778956_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-28um17_09_54.thumb.png.e88956822a23fd27f9b24c403b8afc27.png

... can also be edited and enabled/disabled from within SnipWire module config.

581430103_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-29um12_22_36.thumb.png.ebb25dd301e0a425d5a9049bb639ebba.png

The config from the screenshot above leads to the custom step "Order Info" in checkout process:

324682490_Bildschirmfoto2020-01-28um17_29_04.thumb.png.9d857e73f9a3290703c1eabfd68827d7.png

The Snipcart docs for Custom Order Fields (v 2.0) can be read here:
https://docs.snipcart.com/v2/configuration/custom-fields

Next step is to implement custom product fields! When this is done, I'll release the first official version. SnipWire will then be added to the ProcessWire module directory (as far as @ryan accepts it).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

UPDATE 2020-01-30

SnipWire 0.8.0 (beta) first public release!

It is done! After almost 1 year of hard work and a lot of help from the usual suspects I just released the first public version!
Please note that this is still a beta so please test, test, test before you use this plugin in a real project.

The module can be loaded via PW modules directory (just submitted - in review I think) or directly via GitHub.

More infos will be added soon ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

UPDATE 2020-02-03

SnipWire 0.8.1 (beta) released!

This update mainly serves to move all custom classes into their own namespaces! This should fix the annoying class naming conflicts with other modules.

Its now time to put some effort into the SnipWire docs!

• Like 2

I'm just struggling with a problem regarding my MarkupSnipWire module (which is a part of SnipWire) and maybe I can get some hints here.

MarkupSnipWire is an autoloader module which - amongst other things - writes CSS and JS output required by Snipcart on page render. One of the required JS params is the currency in which the Snipcart shopping cart should run. By default it uses the "first" currency from SnipCarts module config.

I now want to implement a kind of "currency switcher" which should allow to (as the name says) switch the currency from within a ProcessWire template on the fly. So MarkupSnipWire should be able to receive the currency string (ISO 3 letters) and internally switch the used currency formats.

What would be the best method to send a param to an autoloader module?

If you have a look at the module code you can see there is a renderCSSJS method which is triggered by a hook after pager render in init().

https://github.com/gadgetto/SnipWire/blob/3d7af17a37fb20dcdd4038cd99339ecb704e5aef/MarkupSnipWire/MarkupSnipWire.module.php#L154

When this method is called, the $this->currency property already needs to be set.

setCurrency method is already available!

The goal is to let a developer use the SnipWire API variable in his templates like this:

$snipwire->setCurrency('usd');

26 minutes ago, bernhard said:

Can't you just save the currency in the user's $session ?

Hey @bernhard, this is not the problem. In front-end we could set the currency via POST, GET or SESSION or even via a API call $snipwire->setCurrency('usd');

But I'd like to set a parameter for MarkupSnipWire so that the module internally uses the desired currency for output rendering.

@Gadgetto First of all a big thank you for creating such a module!

I have installed it just now for the first time. I followed the installation / configuration steps, defined templates etc. But in the frontend I get an error when trying to access mysite.com/snipcart-shop/

1743277425_Screenshot_2020-02-07ErrorCalltoundefinedfunctionProcessWireukIcon().thumb.png.07d7e5be5916178130e7f01c95d74d1c.png

Any ideas what went wrong? I'm using latest PW dev, and AdminTheme UIKit is installed + active.

11 minutes ago, dragan said:

Any ideas what went wrong? I'm using latest PW dev, and AdminTheme UIKit is installed + active

Hi @dragan, this is a front-end problem:

The sample templates, which come as an additional installation, are based on the Regular site profile which is based on Markup regions output strategy and UIKit CSS framework.

ukIcon is a function in _uikit.php which is part of the regular site profile.

If you are using another profile or output strategy, you'll need to adapt the template source. If you like to run a quick test - just install PW using the "regular" profile.

Just now, dragan said:

Thank you. I'm using the multilanguage as base... getting the _uikit.php from Github did the trick!

Great! Just let me know if you need some help in using SnipWire as the docs are in the early stages at best... ?