how to change the default language in processwire cms

At this point it's quite easy.

1. First of all import the language pack. As you have already done I guess.
  2. Second to that change labels/titles. As you have done already as well.
  3. Third and last part log out and log in again. That performs kind of a reset in your session and cache. The ProcessWire interface should be in russian then.

Well... change the content in your pages, edit the template files (/site/templates/) if necessary and you are ready to go.

You might want to take a closer look at this: https://processwire.com/docs/multi-language-support/

There you will find every detail you need and probably want to know.

The most relevant parts are in your template files in the content pages itself. There is not much necessary here.

Did you a fresh ProcessWire installation or are you updating an existing one? 

fresh 

SORRY 

https://processwire.com/docs/multi-language-support/   is so big, i read it but just went crazy

can you tell me just briefly what to do after

1. First of all import the language pack. As you have already done I guess.
  2. Second to that change labels/titles. As you have done already as well.
  3. Third and last part log out and log in again. 

I don't know any video you could watch which explains that ProcessWire setup in that detail.

But as you are working on a fresh installation you don't have to anything. Almost.

You can just add pages, add content in russian language and you are done.

There might be some parts in the frontend which need translation and those can either be changed in the template itself or within the language (default language: /yourProcessWireAdmin/setup/languages/edit/?id=1010).

Depending on how much experience you have with ProcessWire and what kind of page you want to build you SHOULD read what I linked to above. You may even want to read the tutorials on how to work with the whole setup.

Maybe I don't really understand your problem here.

The default language itself is english but as soon as you install a language pack to/into the default language it's (in your case) russian. Or french. Or finnish. From then on it's business as usual.

Have you ever used ProcessWire before?
What's the main issue you are facing right now? The overall functionality of ProcessWire maybe?

My PWBRecipes profile has english as default, too. That won't help you.

• Like 1

Note: your current server locale setting isn’t working as expected with the UTF-8 charset and may cause minor issues. Your current locale setting is “en_EN.UTF-8”. Please translate the “C” locale setting for each language to the compatible locale in /wire/modules/LanguageSupport/LanguageSupport.module:
 English
 rus

this appears again & again despite i did translate the “C” locale setting for each language  

here why can't i see Russian?

Opera Снимок_2019-05-13_110320_school-vr.ru.png

I did that but  Russian instead of  Italian

To use Italian as your default language on the frontend, and considering your want "example.com/" to open in Italian and "example.com/en/" to change to English, do the following:

1. As this is a new installation, and you have no real data yet, delete all languages but the default one, of course. 
  2. Change the default language title to Italiano
  3. Upload Italian translation files to it
  4. Create a new language, name "en", title "English"
  5. Edit the homepage and set the "en" language as active and the url as  "en". 

@wish-fulfillment In your site tree look for the root page and in the settings tab look which URL it has for russian (your default). It should be (ru)

However, I noticed that it is a bad practice to modify the default language (english) with language files.
Instead you should add russian as an ADDITIONAL language and then set the guest user to this language (for the frontend) and also your admin user, so the PW admin is also in russian.

Made the same mistake as you on a big site (although it works) and now it is too much work to change it.

Edit: This is not the case anymore

• Like 3