160 Image Maximum?

Inxentas

I have an image gallery based on an Image field with about 300 images in it. That caused a little issues with uploading, since it's on a shared host I had to do that piecemeal in order to not overload the server. I kept refreshing the frontend of that page to make sure the server doesn't run out of memory compressing the images, as such an amount obviously requires thumbnails. After 160 images the frontend no longer updates. I can add images to the backend, but they are not shown on the frontend. The images field is not limited in any way. Is there a cap to the amount of images uploaded to a single field? Or any other aspect that might explain such behaviour?

The images show up fine in the backend, but when I foreach() through that field I only get 160 results. Any idea what might be going on?

If the server would have a classic timeout on a foreach() it wouldn't serve the page at all... but it does. I'll check the logs as soon as I have access again. Hosting company changed it's control panel... I'll check that module! It goes a bit against the intent of the application to be dependent on superuser actions, but at the very least I learn a few more tricks.

I also uploaded a bulk of images on the local server. This one behaves more natural. The first request I do times out due to trying to compress 303 images in a single request. When I do a second request, many images are already compressed so eventually it doesn't time out anymore. This is acceptable. It seems there's some artificial limit on the live server or something.