Sign in to follow this  
gregory

URL to PDF

Hi everyone.
I can't see the PDF uploaded via a field called "pdf".

I get a url like this: http://localhost:8888/mywebsite/site/assets/files/1129/test.pdf%EF%BB%BF%EF%BB%BF

Could anyone help me? Thank you.

<?php
foreach($page->case_studies as $item) {
  if($item->type == 'contenuto') {
    echo "
      <a class='btn btn-primary btn-sm' target='blank' href='{$item->pdf->first()->url}' role='button'>Download</a>
    ";
  }
}
?>

Hi @gregory,

What is the field type of "type"??

Please provide more info about your template and field settings.

Gideon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gideon So said:

Hi @gregory,

What is the field type of "type"??

Please provide more info about your template and field settings.

Gideon

Hi @Gideon So,

the field type (named pdf) is "file".

Hi @Gideon So,

I'm using pro module "Repeater Matrix".
I enclose a series of screenshots regarding the template.
Thanks for your help.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

5.png

@gregory Please don't post the same question twice. You asked the same question here as well...

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By picarica
      so hello there i have fiel field type i have lots of stuff there, and also an image i can easily get image from that field using

$options = array('quality' => 85, 'upscaling' => true, 'cropping' => 'north', 'sharpening' => 'medium'); $word = ".png"; // Test if string contains the word foreach($childgames->subor_hry as $file) { if(strpos($file, $word) !== false){ /* $imger = $file->size(473, 266, $options); */ echo $file; /* echo $file->url; */ } } so i get the fiel i tried invoking size on it like the commented out part and it doesnt work i get error Oh snizzle… Error:     Exception: Method Pagefile::size does not exist or is not callable in this context (in
      what am i doing wrong? can you guys help me by all logic this should work
    • By Marvin
      Hello,
      I'm new at process wire and i want to make an web using upload file and showing it at the table as a link to open it at the new tab. I wa succed while upload a file, but how i showing it as a link at the table to open it at the new tab of my browser? Any suggestion may helpfull
      Here i attach my code below :
      This code is for upload it to back-end (process wire)
      <?php $note = $note2 = $hidden =""; if($input->post->submit){ $upload_path = $config->paths->assets.'files/upload/'; if(!is_dir($upload_path)){ if(!wireMkdir($upload_path)) throw new WireException("No upload path"); } $original = $sanitizer->text($input->post->original); $indonesia = $sanitizer->text($input->post->indonesia); $other = $sanitizer->text($input->post->other); $composer = $sanitizer->text($input->post->composer); if(!$original || !$indonesia || !$other || !$composer){ $note = "Data tidak lengkap"; } else { $newFile = new WireUpload("song_files"); $newFile->setMaxFiles(1); $newFile->setOverwrite(false); $newFile->setDestinationPath($upload_path); $newFile->setValidExtensions(array('pdf','docx','doc')); $files = $newFile->execute(); if(!count($files)) { $newFile->error("No files received, so not creating page."); return false; } $newImg = new WireUpload("img_files"); $newImg->setMaxFiles(1); $newImg->setOverwrite(false); $newImg->setDestinationPath($upload_path); $newImg->setValidExtensions(array('jpeg','jpg','png','gif')); $files = $newImg->execute(); if(!count($files)) { $newImg->error("No files received, so not creating page."); return false; } $newPage = new Page(); $newPage->template = "files"; $newPage->parent = $pages->get("/files/"); $newPage->title = $original; $newPage->text_1 = $indonesia; $newPage->text_2 = $other; $newPage->text_3 = $composer; $newPage->of(false); $newPage->save(); foreach($files as $filename) { $filepath = $upload_path . $filename; $newPage->files->add($filepath); $newPage->message("Add file : $filename"); unlink($filepath); } $newPage->save(); } } ?> and this code to showing it as a link at the table
      <table class="border"> <tr> <th>No.</th> <th>Original Song Title</th> <th>Indonesia Song Title</th> <th>Other Song Title</th> <th>Composer</th> <th>File (pdf)</th> </tr> <?php $num = 1; $song; foreach($pages->get("/files/")->children as $child) { //showing every child at files parent directory $page == $child; $song = $pages->get("/files/".$child->id."/")->files; //showing uploaded files at child directory echo $child->id; echo "<tr><td>".$num++.".</td><td>".$child->title."</td><td>".$child->text_1."</td><td>".$child->text_2."</td><td>".$child->text_3."</td><td><a href='".$song->httpUrl."'</a>".$song->name."</td></tr>"; } ?> </table> Thank you for any suggestion
    • By theoretic
      Hi there! And thanks for Processwire!
      It appears there's a possible bug in Processwire 3.0.170 concerning file and/or image inputfield. Creating such a field results in the following error:

Fatal Error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function get() on null
      The inputfield is created however. The closer look reveals a problem at line 60 in wire\modules\Fieldtype\FieldtypeFile\config.php:
      if(!$value) $value = $fieldtype->get('defaultFileExtensions'); Commenting this line removes the problem, but the newly created inputfield requires 'Allowed file extensions' config option to be set (which is rather expectable since i commented the above-cited line of code). Never faced this problem before, hope it can be resolved.
    • By humanafterall
      Hi,
      I have a URL field that will sometimes have relative/local URLs on a multilingual site, for example /contact/ 

However the URL field does not seem to pick up when I'm on another language, for example /fr/ so I'm taken to the default language page for /contact/ rather than /fr/contact/
      Is there a way to make the URL fields play well with a multi-language site?
      Thanks!

• By jom
      Chäs & Co is a b2b cheese trader. They love good cheese and are proud of their excellent knowledge und connections to small cheese producers. They maintain a custom made database and used to copy/paste (!) the cheese infos to the former CMS (Contao). Since substituting the database with ProcessWire was no option, they export now the database to a csv file and import it to the new website (expanded version of module ImportPagesCSV).
      From there, the pw magic begins. The staff works with the admin interface: They search and find products in notime using the build-in search field (using cheese names or id. Using ids only possible by adding hook, see this forum thread). They generate price lists easily based on a template, providing checkboxes and option buttons for some restrictions, choose i.e. the cheese origin and price audience (all implemented as page selectors). By saving the page a PDF list gets generated (using mpdf, a php pdf library).
      The visitors can sort and filter the products using a form by shuffle.js. Product details are shown in a popup (fancybox). There's also the option for generating a nice pdf data sheet. No CSS framework being used.
      Other modules used: ProcessJumpLinks, ProcessProMailer, ProcessWireUpgrade.
      Visual design: Nicole Haller