Thanks to @Macrura for the idea behind this module.

Page Field Info

Adds information about options in Page Reference fields. Supports InputfieldSelect and inputfields that extend InputfieldSelect:

• InputfieldSelect
  • InputfieldRadios
  • InputfieldSelectMultiple
  • InputfieldCheckboxes
  • InputfieldAsmSelect

Requires ProcessWire >= 3.0.61 and AdminThemeUikit.

Screenshots

Field config

Field config

Example of changes to inputfield

Inputfield

Example of info field filled out in Page Edit

Page Edit

Installation

Install the Page Field Info module.

Configuration

In the Input tab of the settings for a Page Reference field...

• Tick the "Add info tooltips to options" checkbox to enable tooltips for the options in the field. Tooltips are not possible for Select or AsmSelect inputfield types so for those types you would want to tick the next option.
  • Tick the "Append info about selected options" checkbox to append information about the selected options to the bottom of the inputfield. If the Page Reference field is a "multiple pages" field then the info for each selected option will be prefixed with the option label (so the user will know what option each line of info relates to).
  • In the "Info field" dropdown select a text field that will contain information about the page, to be used in the tooltips and appended info. Of course this field should be in the template(s) of the selectable pages for the Page Reference field.

Hook

In most cases the "Info field" will supply the text for the tooltips and appended info, but for advanced usages you can hookPageFieldInfo::getPageInfo() to return the text. For example:

$wire->addHookAfter('PageFieldInfo::getPageInfo', function(HookEvent $event) {
    $page = $event->arguments(0); // The page
    $inputfield = $event->arguments(1); // InputfieldPage
    $field = $event->arguments(2); // The Page Reference field
    $info = $event->return; // Text from the info field, if any
    // Set some custom text as the $event->return...
});

https://github.com/Toutouwai/PageFieldInfo
https://modules.processwire.com/modules/page-field-info/

• Like 14

Astounding! I'm installing now on several sites!

Working great so far, had to change line 195 to support textarea, as that's what i use for the info

$text_fields = $this->wire('fields')->find('type=FieldtypeText|FieldtypeTextarea');

Testing the single select now, but noticing that the options don't have the data-info attribute, so there is no way to update the selected option's description by javascript – do you think it is possible to add the data-info to the options on plain selects?

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Macrura said:

had to change line 195 to support textarea, as that's what i use for the info

I've added this to v0.1.1.

9 hours ago, Macrura said:

Testing the single select now, but noticing that the options don't have the data-info attribute, so there is no way to update the selected option's description by javascript – do you think it is possible to add the data-info to the options on plain selects?

There are data-info attributes on select options - maybe your browser dev tools don't display those attributes for some reason?

2019-05-02_094520.png.37c21c8c234fcf798ff4ad9926288961.png

• Like 2

ok got it, i didn't get that for single select you have to check the tooltips option for this to work.. it's working now once i checked that... Maybe the description of that field could be modified to say that it is required to check that box for single select fields...

thanks again!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Macrura said:

i didn't get that for single select you have to check the tooltips option for this to work

Sorry, I didn't understand the original issue properly before. You shouldn't have to activate the tooltip option for the append option to work for selects - I've fixed the logic in v0.1.2 so it should work as expected now.

• Like 2

It's working great, i have it on about 20 fields now on 1 current/major project and this going to really make a world of difference in reducing support (calls/emails/trello cards)...

I've noticed the more of these sorts of things i put in the admin (including stuff like Field Descriptions Extended, Context help for templates, and ProcessDocumentation), the more careful clients are to check before wasting my support resources...

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By d'Hinnisdaël
      Happy new year, everybody 🥬
      I've been sitting on this Dashboard module I made for a client and finally came around to cleaning it up and releasing it to the wider public. This is how it looks.
      ProcessWire Dashboard

If anyone is interested in trying this out, please go ahead! I'd love to get some feedback on it. If this proves useful and survives some real-world testing, I'll add this to the module directory.
      Download
      You can find the latest release on Github.
      Documentation
      Check out the documentation to get started. This is where you'll find information about included panel types and configuration options.
      Custom Panels
      My goal was to make it really simple to create custom panels. The easiest way to do that is to use the panel type template and have it render a file in your templates folder. This might be enough for 80% of all use cases. For anything more complex (FormBuilder submissions? Comments? Live chat?), you can add new panel types by creating modules that extend the DashboardPanel base class. Check out the documentation on custom panels or take a look at the HelloWorld panel to get started. I'm happy to merge any user-created modules into the main repo if they might be useful to more than a few people.
       Disclaimer
      This is a pre-release version. Please treat it as such — don't install it on production sites. Just making sure 🍇
      Roadmap
      These are the things I'm looking to implement myself at some point. The wishlist is a lot longer, but those are the 80/20 items that I probably won't regret spending time on.
      Improve documentation & add examples ⚙️ Panel types Google Analytics ⚙️ Add new page  🔥 Drafts 🔥 At a glance / Page counter 404s  Layout options Render multiple tabs per panel panel groups with heading and spacing between ✅ panel wrappers as grid item (e.g. stacked notices) ✅ Admin themes support AdminThemeReno and AdminThemeDefault ✅ Shortcuts panel add a table layout with icon, title & summary ✅ Chart panel add default styles for common chart types ✅ load chart data from JS file (currently passed as PHP array) Collection panel support image columns ✅ add buttons: view all & add new ✅
    • By Gadgetto
      Status update links (inside this thread) for SnipWire development will be always posted here:
      2020-01-14 --> new date range picker, discount editor, order notifiactions, order statuses, and more ... 2019-11-15 --> orders filter, order details, download + resend invoices, refunds 2019-10-18 --> list filters, REST API improvements, new docs platform, and more ... 2019-08-08 --> dashboard interface, currency selector, managing Orders, Customers and Products, Added a WireTabs, refinded caching behavior 2019-06-15 --> taxes provider, shop templates update, multiCURL implementation, and more ... 2019-06-02 --> FieldtypeSnipWireTaxSelector 2019-05-25 --> SnipWire will be free and open source If you are interested, you can test the current state of development:
      https://github.com/gadgetto/SnipWire
      Please note that the software is not yet intended for use in a production system (alpha version).
      If you like, you can also submit feature requests and suggestions for improvement. I also accept pull requests.
      ---- INITIAL POST FROM 2019-05-25 ----
      I wanted to let you know that I am currently working on a new ProcessWire module that fully integrates the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire. (this is a customer project, so I had to postpone the development of my other module GroupMailer).
      The new module SnipWire offers full integration of the Snipcart Shopping Cart System into ProcessWire.
      Here are some highlights:
      simple setup with (optional) pre-installed templates, product fields, sample products (quasi a complete shop system to get started immediately) store dashboard with all data from the snipcart system (no change to the snipcart dashboard itself required) Integrated REST API for controlling and querying snipcart data webhooks to trigger events from Snipcart (new order, new customer, etc.) multi currency support self-defined/configurable tax rates etc. Development is already well advanced and I plan to release the module in the next 2-3 months.
      I'm not sure yet if this will be a "Pro" module or if it will be made available for free.
      I would be grateful for suggestions and hints!
      Please have a look at the screenshots to get an idea what I'm talking about (open spoiler):
      (Please note: these screenshots are from an early development state of SnipWire. To see actual screens please have a look at later posts below!)

• By Robin S
      This module is inspired by and similar to the Template Stubs module. The author of that module has not been active in the PW community for several years now and parts of the code for that module didn't make sense to me, so I decided to create my own module. Auto Template Stubs has only been tested with PhpStorm because that is the IDE that I use.
      Auto Template Stubs
      Automatically creates stub files for templates when fields or fieldgroups are saved.
      Stub files are useful if you are using an IDE (e.g. PhpStorm) that provides code assistance - the stub files let the IDE know what fields exist in each template and what data type each field returns. Depending on your IDE's features you get benefits such as code completion for field names as you type, type inference, inspection, documentation, etc.
      Installation
      Install the Auto Template Stubs module.
      Configuration
      You can change the class name prefix setting in the module config if you like. It's good to use a class name prefix because it reduces the chance that the class name will clash with an existing class name.
      The directory path used to store the stub files is configurable.
      There is a checkbox to manually trigger the regeneration of all stub files if needed.
      Usage
      Add a line near the top of each of your template files to tell your IDE what stub class name to associate with the $page variable within the template file. For example, with the default class name prefix you would add the following line at the top of the home.php template file:
      /** @var tpl_home $page */ Now enjoy code completion, etc, in your IDE.

Adding data types for non-core Fieldtype modules
      The module includes the data types returned by all the core Fieldtype modules. If you want to add data types returned by one or more non-core Fieldtype modules then you can hook the AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes() method. For example, in /site/ready.php:
      // Add data types for some non-core Fieldtype modules $wire->addHookAfter('AutoTemplateStubs::getReturnTypes', function(HookEvent $event) { $extra_types = [ 'FieldtypeDecimal' => 'string', 'FieldtypeLeafletMapMarker' => 'LeafletMapMarker', 'FieldtypeRepeaterMatrix' => 'RepeaterMatrixPageArray', 'FieldtypeTable' => 'TableRows', ]; $event->return = $event->return + $extra_types; }); Credits
      Inspired by and much credit to the Template Stubs module by mindplay.dk.

https://github.com/Toutouwai/AutoTemplateStubs
      https://modules.processwire.com/modules/auto-template-stubs/
    • By Mike Rockett
      Jumplinks for ProcessWire
      Release: 1.5.60
      Composer: rockett/jumplinks
      ⚠️ NOTICE: 1.5.60 is an important security patch-release for an XSS vulnerability discovered by @phlp. It's HIGHLY RECOMMENDED that all Jumplinks users update to the latest version as soon as possible.
      Jumplinks is an enhanced version of the original ProcessRedirects by Antti Peisa.
      The Process module manages your permanent and temporary redirects (we'll call these "jumplinks" from now on, unless in reference to redirects from another module), useful for when you're migrating over to ProcessWire from another system/platform. Each jumplink supports wildcards, shortening the time needed to create them.
      Unlike similar modules for other platforms, wildcards in Jumplinks are much easier to work with, as Regular Expressions are not fully exposed. Instead, parameters wrapped in curly braces are used - these are described in the documentation.
      Under Development: 2.0, to be powered by FastRoute
      As of version 1.5.0, Jumplinks requires at least ProcessWire 2.6.1 to run.
      View on GitLab
      Download via the Modules Directory
      Read the docs
      Features
      The most prominent features include:
      Basic jumplinks (from one fixed route to another) Parameter-based wildcards with "Smart" equivalents Mapping Collections (for converting ID-based routes to their named-equivalents without the need to create multiple jumplinks) Destination Selectors (for finding and redirecting to pages containing legacy location information) Timed Activation (activate and/or deactivate jumplinks at specific times) 404-Monitor (for creating jumplinks based on 404 hits) Additionally, the following features may come in handy:
      Stale jumplink management Legacy domain support for slow migrations An importer (from CSV or ProcessRedirects) Feedback & Feature Requests
      I’d love to know what you think of this module. Please provide some feedback on the module as a whole, or even regarding smaller things that make it whole. Also, please feel free to submit feature requests and their use-cases.
      Note: Features requested so far have been added to the to-do list, and will be added to 2.0, and not the current dev/master branches.
      Open Source

Jumplinks is an open-source project, and is free to use. In fact, Jumplinks will always be open-source, and will always remain free to use. Forever. If you would like to support the development of Jumplinks, please consider making a small donation via PayPal.
      Enjoy! 🙂